Wanted Big Jon Dual Gold Ratcheting rod holder

Big Jon Dual Gold Ratcheting rod holder

Hi all,

Do to an unfortunate incident one of my Big Jon dual ratcheting rod holder is now located in 490' of water at the 30 line north of Wilson. It looks like Big Jon doesn't make gold anymore,so I'm looking for a set up like the the one pictured. You can reply here via board or pm.

Thanks for looking,

Frank

big jon.jpg

Wow, sorry to hear that. I just asked Big Jon yesterday if I could buy a gold rod holder and they said the same thing. They should be able to do a one-off order for you, unless it's a supplier problem, but there are several anodizing shops in Michigan. Another solution would be to buy the raw pre-anodized pieces from them and send them out yourself, if that's even possible. I know they make most, if not all their components in Michigan. I've used anodizing shops before for downrigger parts that I've machined and the costs were reasonable. It varies based on the number of parts and size. Just a thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for the reply, I talked with Big Jon as well. They are gonna check in the warehouse and maybe a few retailers. I will keep looking around Craigslist, eBay ect.  All my riggers and rod holders are all gold so I would like to match them up if I can. The search continues.

You are welcome. Yeah I know it can be frustrating. I have a black rod holder boat and a blue one. Color is important! I find being patient for the right deal helps. Eventually it will show up. I will keep my eye open too.

13 hours ago, Sammy Dog said:

Man that sucks.. can I ask how does that even happen? No plastic to break on there

The rod holders are mounted on gimbals that slide in the side flush mounts. Wife was fighting a fish that got wrapped in wire fiver. I grabbed the Dipsy and lifted it up as normal. Turned my head to look at her and her fish and heard kerplunk. Still not sure how it happened, never had anything like that  happen in 9 years with that set up.