Stacked downrigger clips

Has anybody modified Scotty pinch pad downrigger cups with trott line clips for stacking on downrigger cable. I have a bunch of Scotty pinch pad that I wanted to modify. Right now I have them set up like cannon stackers but need 2 for 1 line it is also kind of a pain in the butt clipping the snap on then pinching the other release while hanging over the side of the boat. I frequently stack each rigger and want to stream line it for ease of use. The Scotty stackers look like a normal Scotty release with the trott line snap on them. Wasn't sure if I was missing something thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's what I've been doing. Two of the Scotty clips one to pinch the line and the other to the cable. It's a little annoying but if u take both of the clips and hang them over the top of the down rigger cable above the upper pulley it will stay there as you reel up your lower clip. So I never detach the stacked rigger clips till I'm done for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question but here is what I have been using for stackers since the 1970's using the trot line clip. It is just the clip with a duolock snap shrink wrapped on it and a rubber band that is half hitched to the line.

stacker.jpg

Try using the split ring on the release )if it has one) and fasten it to the front of the trot line clip and use tshrink wrap like I did. Another option if itdoesn't have a split ring is to wrap copper wire around the back or the releaese fastened to the trot line clip and shrink wrap that or you could use hot glue to connect

Edited by Sk8man

I was just going to clip the snap duo lock part of the down rigger release to the trott line clip. At the end like where you have your duo lock but mine will have the heavy mono lead with the pinch pad release at the end. Is there a reason the duo lock can't just be clipped on to the trott line clip. I don't really know if that would be a problem. Why did you secure it with shrink wrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I didn't want it to be loose and possibly get my line wrapped  around it and if stiff makes for a better (more consistent) release

Edited by Sk8man