Tiara 3500 - anyone have one?

1 minute ago, Ruff Rider said:

Tiara 3500 - anyone have one?

Does anyone have a Tiara 3500 by chance?  I'd like to check one out, but don't see many of them around...

There is a 36 at Wright's Landing.

44 minutes ago, Ruff Rider said:

Thanks Mike, I think Fishin Magician has a 36ft in Sodus also.  It's close, but setup a little bit different.

Do you know what year the one at Wright's is?  And is it for sale? ;)

Tall Tales Charters with Captain Brian Garrett. Not for sale, but he would probably let you take a look at it if you wanted. I believe his is a 1994. He bought it 2 years ago. Are you selling your Discovery?

Brian's Tiara is an unbelieveable fishing machine..... I have fished with him and Marlene a few times. Every time I geton the Tall Tales, I say to myself " Damn this is one hell of a rig". The twin 502 motors move that big heavy boat through 3footers like they weren't even there....
If the day comes that I every decide to put the MissD on the market, the Tiara 36 will be at the top of the list.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the compliments guys.   There are two 3600's at Wrights one is an 84 and mine is a 94.  My take on the 3500 Tiara Open the molded in swim platform is HUGE problem for our kind of fishing.  I looked and researched every model from 33 to 38.  The slanted transom and molded in swim platform makes the 3500 almost unfishable.  I would take a look at the 32.  It has a slanted transom but you can remove the swim platform.  There are two on our dock in Oswego.  Great machines and LOA is 35' on them. With the newer fuel injected motors plan on installing trolling valves as you will not be able to slow down enough without them.  I have carbureted motors so I can tune it down and still use bags to slow down.  Bags are not quite enough for BT's and Lakers in the newer boats.  The older 36' 81 to 96 are the flat back transoms and the widest version you can get.  The 2001 to present Tiara's are a ft narrower and it makes a difference.  The 33 makes a good family boat.  Hard to charter on with the seating arrangement but makes a great weekend salmon machine.  The one on our dock is in amazing shape and Rob keeps it that way.  HIs is the B plan so it is open with lots of room.  Good luck in your search!  Feel free to PM with any questions.

Edited by Tall Tails

Thanks for the compliments guys.   There are two 3600's at Wrights one is an 84 and mine is a 94.  My take on the 3500 Tiara Open the molded in swim platform is HUGE problem for our kind of fishing.  I looked and researched every model from 33 to 38.  The slanted transom and molded in swim platform makes the 3500 almost unfishable.  I would take a look at the 32.  It has a slanted transom but you can remove the swim platform.  There are two on our dock in Oswego.  Great machines and LOA is 35' on them. With the newer fuel injected motors plan on installing trolling valves as you will not be able to slow down enough without them.  I have carbureted motors so I can tune it down and still use bags to slow down.  Bags are not quite enough for BT's and Lakers in the newer boats.  The older 36' 81 to 96 are the flat back transoms and the widest version you can get.  The 2001 to present Tiara's are a ft narrower and it makes a difference.  The 33 makes a good family boat.  Hard to charter on with the seating arrangement but makes a great weekend salmon machine.  The one on our dock is in amazing shape and Rob keeps it that way.  HIs is the B plan so it is open with lots of room.  Good luck in your search!  Feel free to PM with any questions.

Thanks Brian for the info!

I think you guys are way outside my budget :)

We did take a look at Ryan's (Fishin Magician) Tiara 3600 yesterday. Beautiful boat, but might be too big for Theresa and I. We might be back to looking at 3100s...

Check out the 30 Pursuit for sale in the Classifieds.  It is on our dock and in Great shape.  Solid low hour boat.

I saw that, but we want the 12ft beam and Theresa's only requirement is the L lounge chair arrangement for the passenger seat.

Check us out on our Lake Ontario Fishing - Ruff Rider Facebook group!

Ruff Rider
The Pursuit Brian is referring to is mine and it does have the L seating lounge you're looking for.

Yes it is a beautiful boat, but I want at least a 12ft beam. Good luck with your sale though!

There is a nice looking 33 open for sale in Cape Cod. $69,000.00. it's a 1990. Looks like a clean boat.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Dave, hoping to find a non saltwater boat.

We perused Rochester today and saw some more 36ft tiaras... I think the 3100 might be the right size for us. Although we will miss having a large bed.