Gps Grid lines and Trails

Ok here is my question.When your trolling do you use the trail feature?When I troll I don't have that feature on but I was watching a guy fishing lake ERIE for walleye and he was using the trails but his GPS screen was a mess.So I figured I would ask the pro's ;) how they did it.Well pro's what do you think?Also I noticed on a post awhile back that they had the latitude,longitude,grid lines on the screen,is this something else I should be doing and why.Any input from the PRO'S would be awsome.Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I like the trail too. Sometimes when a fish hits no one hits a waypoint on the GPS. So by looking at the trail you can see where the fish it becasue you usually start to make funny turns with a fish on. I used it exclusivley last fall in Oswego. It was the only way to tell you were getting close to the peir. It was so foggy out you couldnt see 100yds in front of you.

Ditto - always on. At the end of the day you can tell where you hit good concentrations of fish and mark waypoints for the next morning and get rid of all the criss - crossed lines ... or leave 'em and make a bigger mess of your screen. DAN

trail,, you can adjust trail length .01 to bout 10 miles keeps ya on the school less ya want to leave fish to find fish :shock: adj. trail length a little shorter for less clutter.........dont know why the grid unless it could assist in download or codes between capts (3clicks grid 4 n ) my old gps had grid only

See I knew I came to the right place 6 for 6 for trails so trails it is for next year Thanks guys :D:D .But no one said any thing about the Grid line so does that mean you guys don't use them?Thanks again guys.

We call it the plotter line around here, and never leave home without it. ;) It's a very valuable tool especially if you can just hit a cursor button instead of a way point when you hit a fish every unit is different. Either way It's a good tool.

Grid line's. Who cares as long as you kn where you were and can get back to it. You can always look at the readout to see the lat.& long. It's also a good tool if you get caught in the fog or whatever to get back to port if needed.

Etch-a-skech screen for me. I always jump to get the rod so the way points don't get set. Just have to go back to the squigel on the trail to find where we hooked up. :lol:

Always have the trail feature on. It helps you to duplicate the trolling direction that worked previously. I also have my grid lines on too...just prefer it that way.