Went yesterday for Bust #4. Oswego from 1 to 730. Started in 180. Nothing so I headed in to the combat trolling area. In 120, marked fid constantly. Ran the book again FF, meat spoons. Ran 1.7 to 2.8 zig zagged. For a 20 min time I did 3.2 . I fished the marks. Ran over them 3 or 4 times. Find more repeat.
I actually caught a 9 inch laker. Poor little thing. Hit a spoon have its size. Lively little guy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bassin Bob, you're not alone, as some of the other posters pointed out. I am a casual salmon/trout fisherman, have a couple Canon downriggers on my boat and a couple tackle boxes full of flashers/flies, spoons etc. that I inherited, picked up at garage sales, or bought on sale at Gander Mountain. I know how to get my lures in the water, run at different depths, speeds, etc, but I also suck at catching fish. Last weekend we camped at Wescott Beach State park and I took two buddies out about 10 miles to 150 FOW where the fish were supposed to be. Trolled about 4 hours and got zippo. Went to the dock in Henderson Harbor to refuel and there was a charter boat there unloading their haul of 8 lakers and 4 salmon that they caught. I asked the captain where they were, how deep, what they were using, how fast were they trolling, and all that stuff, and I was doing everything he was except catching fish!  My friend and neighbor Captain Chris Yard runs Irish Knots Sportfishing and I think I am just gonna give him the money and go out with him;  he has been having an incredible year.  Anyway, good luck and good fishing!

Most of my kings yesterday bit at 2.2 and under so maybe try going consistently slower. FF bite. meat and spoons combined for only 2 of our fish. 120fow 90 down at around 58-60 degrees. If we went over a pile of bait it was pretty much a guaranteed bite or 2. find bait as they are still hungry apparently. Also liked the size 1 watermelon dipsy ff setup out 300,  that took half our fish