Disappointed

Is there any worse feeling than a dead battery wrecking your fishing trip. Boat has not been in the water for 7 weeks- apparently last trip out I left the sub troll until plugged in and it smoked the battery. Luckily I found this out in the garage after trying to raise the motor.My dad has been dealing with a medical issue and this was going to be our first trip out since. Both my back up batteries are in Buffalo in my duck boat. Im off Thursday and Friday so weather permitting I can try this again. Looking out the window-Boats are stacked just East of Wilson and it torture- LOL- good fishing guys

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hear you there- we were just talking about that over breakfast. Swapping my back up between boats is useless if I forget it. Time to have a back up in each boat instead of swapping each time

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Gents, a battery switch will not stop the subtroll from the slow trickle down on your battery. I have a Perko switch and in the "off"position I still can see the little black dot on the Subtroll display.  I unplug the unit after each outing. 

Gents, a battery switch will not stop the subtroll from the slow trickle down on your battery. I have a Perko switch and in the "off"position I still can see the little black dot on the Subtroll display.  I unplug the unit after each outing. 

I would guess it would be how you have the switch wired in the switch in my boat nothing gets past the switch Fish Hawk sonar GPS/ radar a FM stereo electric downriggers ignition system no power gets past the switch so when I turn the switch off the boat is completely dead

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I can relate... I've left the toggle switch powering my autopilot on, but picked up on it the night before going out. Plugged the charger in overnight, and was good to go.  I double check everything after each trip now.

Edited by J.D.