Owasco Another great day of silver!

Another great day of silver!

Took my son's buddy out today and had a good silver bite again. Temp still down below 50 feet. Yesterday's spot weeded up on us, got sick of pulling weeds, on the Brite side, fleas gone. Cores and copper did it again today. 7-11 on bows.......no jumpers at all, temp has got um a Lil lazy, they'd come out of it to hit and wanted back down. Couple small lakers up in the zone. Great weekend again.

20170827_090636-1.jpg

20170827_111025-1.jpg

20170827_112329-1.jpg

20170827_162141-1.jpg

20170827_163933-1.jpg

20170827_170902.jpg

Started in front of your place Alex, weeded up over there on Sunday, went down the lake on your side were you got that tournament winning walleye a couple years ago. Found the batch there, put everything just above the temp expecting lakers due to the depth, but got a good surprise. My program from last weekend wasn't working, made some adjustments and got into them.......the lul in between bites was long sometimes but like I said......once you find them, reduce the rod set ups and turn and burn to go back through them......found them on both shores. A few times I wanted to drop into the laker zone just to get some action.......but I have been hard headed on figuring out these bows this year and the time spent is paying off.......copper and core has been key, I use the fish hawk TD after I find depth on the main probe......this helps me put the copper and core just above it.......standard drops with core and copper don't apply with increased speeds for bows. Set up is lengthy but worth it when the board screams back behind the boat. Greens still working for me.

Kevin you're a machine!  I have a few tricks up my sleeve for fall.  Our troll bite isn't what it was last year, but you should have a rematch with the lake.  You really don't have to fish crazy hours in cold weather to get walleye.  Here is a 30" from 2 weeks ago.  Was a bluebird flat day....

IMG_20170828_172017_01.jpg

Edited by justtracytrolling
clarification

Awesome fish man!......you know me, something about the tranquility of night bud, and an explosion on a big stick........it's almost here. I'll reach out in a few weeks and we'll hook up and get ready for fall. I know you said the open water eye bite was slower,......experienced that here too.......early season was good on a crank troll........shore bite the few times I got out was good.........and the suspended fish are there for this summer bite but I haven't targeted them as the time between bites would be even slower than the silvers. Talk to ya soon.