Blank screens in Oswego

i fished Oswego today (with about 120 other boats). Ran out to 120' of water to start looking for fish... screen was so blank, I seriously thought the fish finder was not working right. Set rigggers and dipsy with FF and spoons, trolled out to 250 of water, back in and out a few times, very very few marks. Saw maybe 2 boats with fish on. A few false releases was it for the morning for me, covered all over from 70-250 fow... and just for the record, false releases really suck when you have manual crank downriggers down 110 feet :).

Thanks everyone! Its interesting how varied the results were, even fishingteh same depths. Do thos eof you who found and caught fish have any advice for those of us who didn't? I'm not sure what I would change, i thought I was doing everything right.....?!!? I mean, I seriously didn't mark enough marks to think my depthfinder was even working right... I continued to fish it hard anyway to see if the fish were there, and I just wasn't marking them. Apparentlythey were there seomplace lol.

Rocky what are plates instead of spinnies? Do you mean just like a small metal flasher? Thanks

Sunday morning, found 2 dumb ones to bite on the wire dipsie with lime green echip flasher out in 300tf,   set at 330 feet. nothing on the riggers.
That is from 6:30 to 12:30.   The first one hit at 10:00 and the last at high noon, go figure.
It was a great day to be on the water.

My plates were Barbershop, green dots on both sides-white plate not chrome and green dots with stripe on back. Flies were Atomic  green glow hammer,Atomic sheaded glow hammer and horse fly sea weed I trolled northeast to with down-speed of 1.8 to 2. Most of my strikes were going toward sw Many boats went west, including 2 of my friend who did not a good day.

Plates were pro-troll e-chip I have not had much luck on spin doctors(spinnies)

Had good temp at 115, but had many marks in the 90-100 range, plus kept seeing bait from 80-110 Fish came in the 90-105 range except the first 2 which came at 115-120

Hope this helps

Edited by Rocky Maxwell
additional info