No Boards at the Bar

No Boards at the Bar

Do not run planner boards while fishing the bar.  Traffic is way too tight and it's unnecessary.  Riggers and dipseys are plenty efficient. Don't be an ******* and run boards and copper while 200 boats are fishing a small area like that. Thank you. 

Is there any more  rules that we should know about when fishing the "bar" ? Trolling direction? Turns. Right or Left? Do you hold any authority, when in comes to these "Ol blue" words of wisdom?

If I ever do make it that way I will make sure to run my boards on extra long leads!!!...wah...wah...wah :mooning: ... I dont know why anyone would be fishing in a 200 boat pack.

Edited by boho607

On 8/28/2017 at 9:36 AM, boho607 said:

If I ever do make it that way I will make sure to run my boards on extra long leads!!!...wah...wah...wah :mooning: ... I dont know why anyone would be fishing in a 200 boat pack.

You're an ***** and you don't have a clue.  They will get run over.  Go troll somewhere else while you catch lakers. 

On 8/28/2017 at 8:15 AM, dmd113 said:

Is there any more  rules that we should know about when fishing the "bar" ? Trolling direction? Turns. Right or Left? Do you hold any authority, when in comes to these "Ol blue" words of wisdom?

No rules besides don't be a dick and run boards at the bar.  Everyone knows except a couple fools every year.  

Then why start your first posts by being a ****** ***, if it's only a couple guys ? This is a very informative message board &  light hearted banter is the norm. People who seem to be looking for trouble probably won't add much but unwanted drama?

Excuse me...if you are the skipper of your boat, and you are getting within 100 feet of another boat running anythjng, then you might be the one who needs to allow more room to the side. Obviously if they are running long lines then you need to stay clear of the rear by 2 football fields. Keep your eyes open and you shouldn't be running over someone's boards and tow lines. It's quite possible your dipsy presentation set on 2.5 is wider than the boards being run by someone else, but if you can't see them like a board, then I guess it doesn't matter. [emoji38]

Money doesn't buy happiness,
but it does buy horsepower....
I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Ol Blue - It would appear by your post that you may have assumed that someone here on LOU may have been running boards out there. How do you know this would be the first question and secondly if you knew the name pof the boat or who may have been doing something you found offensive why not approach them personally or by PM on here if it was in fact  a LOU member. To cast possible blame among a whole group of fishermen who may or may not even know of the bars existance by an inflamatory post such as above deserves to be called out by LOU members  so it might behoove you to think a little more about your approach before posting next time (if there is one).

Edited by Sk8man

Ol Blue Balls... this is a family site and you should really watch your language. I don't know what rock you crawled from under but if you want the shaming to continue it can continue. If you are referring to lakers because of my profile pic you are very mistaken. There is nothing wrong with lakers but It is actually a beautiful brown I caught out of Oswego. It was caught In March of  2016 just after ice was out and your thumb was up your butt. The pic made the March 2016 State of the LOU.  

IMG_4171.PNG

Edited by boho607

I agree !! No boards at the bar!!  Everyone is trolling west to east or east to west trying to cover 60 to 120fow. Its just no place for boards. Granted some are running stuff down the shutt but boards   forget it !!! Its asking for trouble, and is inconsiderate of your fellow fisherman!