St. Lawrence River Smallmouth Bass Fishing Fun with Family

St. River Smallmouth Bass Fishing Fun with Family

Took my daughter out this weekend and drown some worms.  We worked 15-20 feet of water and she was trilled to catch 3 smallies, perch, couple sun fish and bunch of gobies.  Here is one of her smallies before the entire family fell asleep.

IMG_3505.thumb.JPG.3a408c7bf7476548558d43c371c55bfc.JPG

IMG_3501.thumb.JPG.75d3e0b9af54ab464cd871e1b4b9a638.JPG

IMG_3500.thumb.JPG.2f32f8082a2fcb3797b0879123b48c5b.JPG

While I was out there later that same after noon with just me and the daughter, I ran into an old timer who came over to us (G3 boat) after hearing my daughter screaming for excitement of catching another smallmouth.  He told me that he was looking at himself in the mirror 30 years ago back when he use to take his daughter out.  He thanked us for bringing back the memories a little teary-eyed and drove off into the sunset.  I'm not sure who the guy was or if he is a member of this site or not, but I would love to hear the rest of his story should I ever run into him again.

Here is to many more father/daughter trips down the river :beer:

Yea I can relate to that as I watched my little girls get on the jr. high bus this morning. Mom and looked at each other, both of us a little tear jerked but neither wanted to admit it. Cherish your time with your daughters or sons!! They grow up to fast as we grow old. Thanks for nice words Chad. Buy the way that's on nice  smallie, this was about 10 years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.a95295f68b59365680b1ce5bf69ce0fc.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words guys.  It was a really a great experience and moment.  She was very proud to show off the little scuff mark the smallie left on her thumb as evidence to mom that she did indeed catch that fish.

BlueEye,

Your post and  the responses from everyone bring back memories.  Nothing is better than your kids spending their summers on the river.  They will remember it forever.  I just dropped my youngest off at college last week.  It seems like yesterday she was a little kid on the river with me fishing.  Here are just a couple pix of her on some fish she caught on a "Barbie" pole.  ( I used to buy several poles each year because she would donate them to the river).

IMG_1334 (1).JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

15 hours ago, seans45 said:

Here are just a couple pix of her on some fish she caught on a "Barbie" pole.  ( I used to buy several poles each year because she would donate them to the river).

it's funny you mention that Sean cause I have gone through three Barbie poles already this year just due to them "breaking" - probably by no fault of the poles either.  One barbie pole was donated to the Nigara Musky Association and my daughter won it.  She was very excited as she had just broke her previous two.  I have spent more on barbie poles and worms this year then I have my own equipment... I'm sure this trend will continue for some time as well haha.

I don't have a fishing picture from when she was young, but here's her dancing with Dad at a wedding and then a picture of her from this summer, blue hair and all, with a smallmouth at Upper Saranac. Time flies.jaenelle.thumb.jpg.a4c28e6cc14600fe376739227853a8ce.jpg

59a838dcef9b1_Jaenellebass.thumb.JPG.4fbf209d3a4797c2065399b1c8f14b13.JPG

Edited by Gator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...