This will be interesting to hear from guys but they way I was taught is that your FF sends out wave lengths on a cone shape so it is a triangle. As the fish or item comes into the cone it marks a dot on the screen. When it first comes into the screen it is the furthest distance from the transducer. As you pass over the distance shrinks moving the dots upward then as it goes out other side of cone it gets further away giving it the distinct arc we see on screen. Hope that makes sense

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's a single mark. Bait would be more of a ball shape or a longer flatter line. That's probably a decent size fish since it is showing some yellow in the mark showing that the fish is giving a stronger return in the middle of the mark. The fish was probably not coming up to check a lure but living in that space due to temprature. Looks to be about 70 down over 200 which could indicate a decent temp for a salmon. Hard to say without a temp from a probe. 

thats just a normal mark if you ask me.  big fish.  last year this time of year i was fishing out of Olcott and my entire screen was filled with hooks like that.  top to bottom.  Hundreds of fish starting to stage

My hunch is that it might be an arch like that  if the bait being marked was at the outer edge of the cone of the transducer so it was marking only the amount that came into the cone and not the whole bait pod.

1 hour ago, Fishnut said:

Looks like a fish to me, slowly moving in the same direction as the boat??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

a fish moving with the boat shows as a straight line.   fish not moving show as arcs.

as others have said its a fish following bait

Edited by joe g