Wanted Landing Net

Landing Net

Had a little mishap this weekend and needless to say I need a new net... only requirement is your relatively close so pickup can arranged. I don't know for sure but feel shipping would prolly be expensive for something this size. Utica/Rome/Syracuse Area

That's the exact net that broke on me this weekend lol... I guess I shouldn't say broke, it did get the fish into the boat but cracked that black plastic yoke. Gonna pass on that one, thanks though 

Edited by FishingFool34

3 hours ago, Smoke-N-Finn said:

If you can find a Beckman, you won't have that problem again, no plastic, built like a brick chit house.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Funny you mention that... I did some research last night and looks like Pline acquired and brought back the Beckman brand. I actually emailed them last night hoping they can tell me where I can purchase one. Seems like they are doing a pretty poor marketing job with Beckman as most ppl (myself included) thought they were still out of business and have no clue where to go buy one.

Edited by FishingFool34

On 8/29/2017 at 9:30 AM, bottom-feeder said:

1504013505884.jpgby. 30.00......located near pulaski

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Asked the size of the net and was told "This is too much of a hassle"  and then he stopped responding to me.... Needless to say I'm still looking for a net.

Edited by FishingFool34

1 hour ago, JakeyBaby said:

What model did you get? Can you add a handle to the 4ft one do you know?

I have an old Beckman walleye net with a 4ft handle and you can't connect another handle to it. They offer  4ft, 6ft, 4-7ft, 6-9ft handles for their new nets according to the new catalog. I emailed them last week asking about purchasing one as I read on another forum about ppl buying them via email. Haven't heard anything back yet...

Edited by FishingFool34

1 hour ago, JakeyBaby said:

What model did you get? Can you add a handle to the 4ft one do you know?

I bought the one with a 6 ft handle. Believe me it's big and beefy, and probably the last net I'll ever buy unless it goes overboard. If you sign up for the email alerts you get 15% off and free shipping over $100, so be prepared to buy something else you need.

Edited by sszoldra

2 hours ago, Smoke-N-Finn said:

Two small pieces of pool noodle and zip ties will float any net, so for under $5 you can prevent bottom loss, lol. Probably free to most because parts are all within the household.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks, good idea.