Cayuga Cayuga-Saturday

Cayuga-Saturday

Took my wife's friend's husband out with me on Saturday. Launched out of Dean's and set up going south. 2 dipsy rods with flasher/fly set at 200 and 175 on 2 setting. 3 rigger rods set from 50 to 80. Dipsy at 200 goes off, give rod to Jin (orange shirt), coach him on how to reel him in. Lose fish, bad coach. Same rod goes off again and I just keep reeling in, not giving any slack and able to land the salmon. I've been losing a number of fish on the dipsy/flasher rig this year. Have been trying to coax them in and I think it's been giving the fish too much slack with the extra drag of the flasher. Set the other dipsy rod at 200 and it goes off. Nice rainbow reeled in by Jin. We're learning. Then caught a dink salmon. Dispy rods go dead but rigger rod goes off. I figure with 12lb test I don't need to be too careful. Wrong again. Breaks my line at back of boat. Didn't get a look at it but must have been a salmon or rainbow. Getting rough now the more south we go. Started to take in lines to head up north but got into a nice tangle with one of the dipsy rods and a rigger. But as I'm trying to reel in both rods, rigger rod seems like something's on it. Nice laker. Didn't feel like untangling the mess in the rough water so decided to end the day after a couple productive hours of fishing. Will have my wife's Korean church friends over this weekend for a nice grilled fish dinner.

IMG_1367-1.JPG

IMG_1364-1.JPG