Has anyone had problem with Familar Bite cut bait

Has anyone had problem with Familar Bite cut bait

I am just wondering if anyone else has had anyone problems with the Familiar Bite cut bait.  I want to see if anyone has used the Dreamweaver cut bait and see if they think it is better than the Familiar Bite. 

The dream weaver stuff is tough as shoe leather.it takes a drill or a hammer and a nail to make a hole in it and when you finally have it in the water the fish turn away in disgust.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Try pulling the package out the freezer the day before you plan on using it. Put it in the refrigerator and let it thaw out. When it's thawed it has a chance to brine. From what Walter has told me he cuts it, puts it in the package with some brine, and then flash freezes it. So, it never gets a good chance to brine. We've tried this and it does hold up better. He's working on an improved brine, and we've been testing it. It's all trial an error, but he doesn't want to change it too much becasue the fish absolutely LOVE it!

If another meat was made available that was far superior to anything currently out there who would be interested in it? I know there are a lot of "loyalists" out there so I'm wondering who would be willing to make the switch to a superior product.

I would be interested. Its a manufacturers job to supply a quality product at a reasonable price. The customer should find the best product for his $!

It's really a one man job sort of cottage industry. And familiar bait has a very good reputation. Others have tried , Sterling comes to mind, but most failed to equal the quality of familiar bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

20 hours ago, Paul Czarnecki said:
If another meat was made available that was far superior to anything currently out there who would be interested in it? I know there are a lot of "loyalists" out there so I'm wondering who would be willing to make the switch to a superior product.

Totally interested in new products and ideas !!  I'm not brand loyal, give me something that outperforms what I've been using and I'm a buyer !! Besides, higher quality is what prompts the competition to step it up and the consumer benefits..  
II'd love to see cut bait that holds up better right out of the pack. I know its possible.  I've seen it with my own eyes and have seen/heard of multiple fish per strip.  Just 2 fish per strip on average would be a big savings because I went through over 250 cut bait strips this year !!

As far as Familiar bite goes, I had some last year that started  to fall apart just by running it a few hours with no bite. A-Tom-Mic meat did last all day if it didn't get bit (not a common occurrence in 2017) , and had good scale retention but its one fish and done.  Dreamweaver is like cow hide. A toothpick will not pierce the skin.  You need to poke a hole in it first, adding a step.  It does roll nice out of the pack and catches fish just fine, but maybe not as well as above mentioned brands.  Couldn't find N&D when I wanted it, so I have yet to try it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Fishtails

I'd like a hookup on just plain frozen herring , then could experiment. Where's them guys on the crab boats get them gigantic blocks of frozen herring ? Lol . Certainly they aren't paying $16 for 6 fillets !!

I've not seen the higher than $12 in the Rochester area and you can get a deal for a larger quantity sometimes in the right tackle store. Just ask.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

The "Newer" product Paul is talking about is a very good-Proven product (Canadian tournament teams have been using for awhile) I have been using it and have LARGE quantities currently and will have more at the beginning of 2018 start of Canadian tournament season in April. Familiar bite product is equally as good, and Tom Allen/Atomic cut bait is great quality also.

A little late to distribute the newer product this year, but I would recommend getting a pack or 2 this winter and practice "cutting Bait". I am thinking of having some Trial  2-fish packs available for practice cutting/try before you buy samples this winter/spring if interested.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

13 hours ago, JTowne said:

I'd like a hookup on just plain frozen herring , then could experiment. Where's them guys on the crab boats get them gigantic blocks of frozen herring ? Lol . Certainly they aren't paying $16 for 6 fillets !!

This would be the product

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

The "Newer" product Paul is talking about is a very good-Proven product (Canadian tournament teams have been using for awhile) I have been using it and have LARGE quantities currently and will have more at the beginning of 2018 start of Canadian tournament season in April. Familiar bite product is equally as good.
A little late to distribute the newer product this year, but I would recommend getting a pack or 2 this winter and practice "cutting Bait". I am thinking of having some Trial  2-fish packs available for practice cutting/try before you buy samples this winter/spring if interested.

Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL
 This would be the product

Nope!!! Not what I'm talking about Jerry. I'm talking about a new supplier of cut and brined bait. Bait that is far superior to anything currently on the market.

3 hours ago, Paul Czarnecki said:

Nope!!! Not what I'm talking about Jerry. I'm talking about a new supplier of cut and brined bait. Bait that is far superior to anything currently on the market.

Ive seen this meat work first hand.  Watched as it took 6 major rips and multiple fish all on the same strip!.