I have a Garmin TR-1 gold installed for my yamaha 9.9 . It does an excellent job on my   23' Penn yan. Holds tru into 5' waves  with no problem . The remote controls both speed and steering.

is your kicker connected to rutters? Or do you have remote steer?

its mounted on its own bracket, free swinging . it is operated by a hydraulic pump mounted under deck, two hoses from pump to cylinder mounted on outboard.

Turn and steer with remote.once the boat is going the direction you want it will hold its coarse. It can also be connected to your gps to run a route or waypoint to waypoint.

I do have an EZ steer mount on it , just in case it stops working, I can hook up to outdrive and steer from cockpit.

Its a little expensive but its been a great investment.

its mounted on its own bracket, free swinging . it is operated by a hydraulic pump mounted under deck, two hoses from pump to cylinder mounted on outboard.
Turn and steer with remote.once the boat is going the direction you want it will hold its coarse. It can also be connected to your gps to run a route or waypoint to waypoint.
I do have an EZ steer mount on it , just in case it stops working, I can hook up to outdrive and steer from cockpit.
Its a little expensive but its been a great investment.

Can I attach this to my existing python steering system?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app