I canned some browns this spring and they came out great and it's simple. I take the skin off and remove all brown meat. I also can venison and goose. Takes up no freezer space and makes for very quick meals. A change from smoking them.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Old school ways were always the best!!, my family cans deer also, along with a few other meats. Canned venison makes the best homemade vegetable deer soup one can eat. We can sausage also, pickled red beets.. Man I wonder what the rich people are doing!! Canned venison with gravey made like a hot roast beef mashed potatoes from the feild and some pickled red beets!! A meal fit for a king!! Tight lines guys, it's only gonna get better as we head towards the fall months!!

Lots of options for how to do it.

For the venison we slice into 1" cubes pack the jar with raw meat. You can season any way you want. Sometimes we leave plain maybe a little salt. We will use that for things like tacos. For a stew we add onion, garlic, and some bouillon. You need a pressure canner with the pressure gague on the top. We cook our meat at 15 lbs of pressure for 90 min then remove from heat and allow pressure to reduce on its own. You wind up with some of the most tender meat you will ever have.

You can also cook the meat any way you like then add to the jar and follow the same process to seal the jar.

Not sure for the fish but would imagine it is fairly similar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Basically the same for fish. Fill the jars to within a half inch. 1/2 tsp salt with no added liquid. Screw on lids.and pressure can at 11 lbs. for 100 minutes for pints. Also seems to dissolve any bones although I use fillets and remove skin and brown meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app