Wanted Looking for traxstech equipment.

Looking for traxstech equipment.

Looking for ratcheting rod holders, 4 gimbal mounts, and 2 6' trolling bars. Willing to purchase items from other companies that are compatible. I am located in NY but will certainly pay shipping for the right items. Thanks guys!

Thank you! Looks like the long 8 foot trolling bar. That would be too long for me. I will be using gimbal mounts in flush mounted holders that are 38 inches apart so I can't go longer than around 6 feet. As far as I'm concerned those fixed rod holders would be useless for me as well. Appreciate your response!

They are usually 2 sections of 4 foot each attached in the center with a plate underneath. I own one of these and also a Bert's. I run them down the sides of my secondary boat. But maybe this is a true 8ft. You can always cut it with a chop saw and diablo blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I wish I had the kind of personality that allowed me to use practical cheap methods that work well to solve problems. Unfortunately for me when it comes to my toys everything has to be just so or it drives me bananas. If something is off or not right on my boat it will bother me my entire day fishing. I am a begger and a chooser hahah. I don't have the money but I want everything just right. 

There is a joint in the picture I noticed but it looked off center. Like maybe it's a 5 foot section and a 3 foot? Is there any way you could send me a picture of your setup on your secondary boat? Are you using gimbals or hard mounts? 

Here is my set-up for my 1979 16ft Sea Sprite Deck Boat. I've trolled Lake Michigan and Huron with this boat but mainly use it for inland lakes and bays. A little extreme with the boards plus rod holders but I like having the extra side height to keep my kids and dogs in the boat. The boards are mounted to 6 inch track sections. I also have a 2x12 treated board mounted across the back of the boat, covered in marine carpeting to mount my downriggers to. I cut a notch out at the center for the outboard tilt. Everything you see in the pics, I bought used over time and paid about 50% of new. It just takes patience to find the right deal. IMG_1949.thumb.JPG.32b4e362cd072d83fceb390baeef8290.JPGIMG_1950.thumb.JPG.ae08c765ba19e39f1284e4631ccfe937.JPG 

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow! That looks great. I'm hoping to get the basic trolling bar and rod holders setup before I go camping at Fish Creek Ponds. I won't bother with downriggers. I want to be able to flatline for small mouth and pike. Unfortunately I leave for vacation like the 23rd so we shall see! 

Just now, JAYRFRED said:

I routed the edge, stained and sealed my 2 x 6 board.

So far the fish have not complained and they are my main focus when I am on the lake!

I hear ya man I'm just a primadonna! Do I need the expensive stuff? Nope. But I still buy it. 

11 hours ago, Fishnut said:

Buy some 80/20 you can order about anything you can think of. ask for a catalog and order what you want or need.

You are saying buy 80/20 stock and have someone make trolling bars, gimbals, and rod holders? Then get it shot peened to match Traxstechs finish?

Edited by Reelcrazy

Since the lift and turn racheting holders by Traxstech are so pricey and the Cannon Dual Axis have less than stellar reviews I am now also looking for the Traxstech RH-1 style holder. Lift and turn, pull and adjust with no racheting function. I think these will suit me well. Will just have to pull the rod out in the position it's in. Thanks.

You are saying buy 80/20 stock and have someone make trolling bars, gimbals, and rod holders? Then get it shot peened to match Traxstechs finish?

Yes. Why not? You can order it shot peened, you can get about any color you would like. There is free software you can design anything you would like and order it. It will come all cut to size in your configuration you just need to bolt it together.

34 minutes ago, Fishnut said:

Yes. Why not? You can order it shot peened, you can get about any color you would like. There is free software you can design anything you would like and order it. It will come all cut to size in your configuration you just need to bolt it together.

Don't those companies only offer competitive pricing to large quantity orders? Group buy? Hahaha who needs trolling bars? We can see how much it would be for 50 of them or something. 

I build automation and use a lot of 80/20, it is not cheap but it's really easy to work with and very customizable. And still a lot cheaper than buying a finished product.

55 minutes ago, Fishnut said:

I build automation and use a lot of 80/20, it is not cheap but it's really easy to work with and very customizable. And still a lot cheaper than buying a finished product.

With you experience in this field how hard would it be for someone who has never used CAD to actually get it right? Sent the company a design and have them get it back.

With you experience in this field how hard would it be for someone who has never used CAD to actually get it right? Sent the company a design and have them get it back.

Yes that might be the way to go. I use it a lot and take for granted that it's easy to use.