Musky Lure - Cape Vincent Area

Musky Lure - Cape Vincent Area

Plan on fishing walleye in cape vincent this weekend, but would like to run one rod for musky. What would be the go-to lure youd choose for waters in the 30-50' range? Preferably something that is available in thousands island bait shop. Many thank yous.

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger and bought a 12' Supernatural Big Bait Mattlock lure... It got crushed by a goliath yesterday fishing a 45 foot ledge and I lost it due to my line having a kink really deep in the spool..My drag went to 100% and then snapped.. I was so bummed. That lure cost 100 bucks but I hooked a giant musky. I will be swapping my line out for super slick power pro.. I have had great success with 10 inch Jake lures. Caught two muskies up there last fall on one.

jk1 Tell me about it. That was a fish I have been waiting for for the past 3 years. I will be buying another mattlock lure and try again later in the season. The floating weeds are pretty bad right now. I had a lot of big pike follow up to the boat a couple mornings casting a 10 inch jake off a deep weed edge. Only caught a small one when I switched to a deep diving Ernie.