Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, JakeyBaby said:

Spent all day in the woods yesterday checking some of the stands and mowing / clearing all the trails. When I got to one of my stands I discovered the whole tree is covered in poison!! Not sure what to do at this point...... any ideas on how to really kill this since I'm not able to reach the stand to even remove it with out getting it all over me!

20170910_140808.jpg

Hey bud - even after you kill the leaves, the vines still are loaded with uroshiol which causes the rash. The leaves, the roots, the stems, vines..... you name it  they all contain the uroshiol.  Even the tree bark may have some on it after you remove the vines.

IMO, the only way to do it would be to trim all the leaves and then cover yourself with a throw away Tyvek painter's suit, climb up the tree and retrieve your stand and find a different tree.

Throw the painter's suit out after you're done

Chris

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, JakeyBaby said:

Spent all day in the woods yesterday checking some of the stands and mowing / clearing all the trails. When I got to one of my stands I discovered the whole tree is covered in poison!! Not sure what to do at this point...... any ideas on how to really kill this since I'm not able to reach the stand to even remove it with out getting it all over me!

20170910_140808.jpg

Don't overthink it. Wear gloves and trim it, pull the vines away from the tree and enjoy. As long as you don't rub it all over you you'll be good.

Don't overthink it. Wear gloves and trim it, pull the vines away from the tree and enjoy. As long as you don't rub it all over you you'll be good.

X2. I have always had it growing on my property on the trees. I cut it at the base and tear the Crap off my trees all the time. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey bud - even after you kill the leaves, the vines still are loaded with uroshiol which causes the rash. The leaves, the roots, the stems, vines..... you name it  they all contain the uroshiol.  Even the tree bark may have some on it after you remove the vines.

IMO, the only way to do it would be to trim all the leaves and then cover yourself with a throw away Tyvek painter's suit, climb up the tree and retrieve your stand and find a different tree.

Throw the painter's suit out after you're