Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Received my scent crusher tote today. $250 and no shipping costs. 5 minutes of assembly and it's good to go.

If anyone is interested the Best price I could find for the scent crusher tote...

://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/scent-crusher-ozone-tote-40-gallon-container?a=2130561&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-SZLA&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=shopzilla&utm_campaign

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

8 hours ago, mottman32 said:

With the rise in ticks this year what do you guys do to protect your self in the woods. I have never worried about this but had two on me the other day. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Get Sawyer Permetherin and use it! It is a clothes treatment, not to be worn on the skin, that kills and repels ticks. It works great though, the first two days of turkey season I didn't use it and picked several ticks off of me. I got it after that and treated my clothes and never found another, actually watched one crawl up my boot and fall off dead. It is cheap and available right at Walmart or Field of Dreams. Just make sure to follow the directions, it is potent stuff and you don't want it to contact skin.

Edited by dawsonscreek
grammar

19 hours ago, BenFishin said:

My dad and I both got lucky within the first hour of opening day on the family property in Honeoye NY, unit 8N. My first buck with a bow and one of my dad's largest archery bucks! Been watching his buck on our trail cams all summer, very cool to see it come together and lay hands on the one we have been drooling over!

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_1950.PNG

IMG_1951.PNG

IMG_1952.PNG

You'll have to really do something spectacular to beat a morning like that! Congrats on two great bucks (and a perfect shot too, nothing better than seeing pink bubbly blood!)

1 hour ago, dawsonscreek said:

You'll have to really do something spectacular to beat a morning like that! Congrats on two great bucks (and a perfect shot too, nothing better than seeing pink bubbly blood!)

Thanks yeah we were both so excited and I have been on a missing streak in the past couple of years... bull elk, big 8 point, even bigger 8 point, and probably several others that i am forgetting.

It is also special since my first child is due to be born very very soon so my time will be limited in the stand. Good to get the pressure off and just sit back and enjoy the ride!

My parents may also be selling the property before next years season as well so its nice to get in another good final season there.

14 hours ago, mottman32 said:

With the rise in ticks this year what do you guys do to protect your self in the woods. I have never worried about this but had two on me the other day. Thanks for any input.

I was a tick (not chick) magnet for years. I've pulled at least 8 attached & 3 dug in ticks off of me over the last 10 years. Thank the Lord never got anything bad but bite marks. I've been using Gamehides "Elmi-tick" clothing for about 4-5 years (on my 2nd set of clothes) & hardly if ever see ticks on my clothes. And haven't had a tick attached since I've been using the clothing. I wear the clothing even when I'm skinning animals. Better safe than sorry.

I do use Permetherin spray on my normal clothes & it also works great. But like Dawsonscreek said you don't want it on your skin. One, it doesn't work on skin & two, it is strong stuff.

Good luck to all!

I use this stuff and mix it per the directions to spray on dog areas. Works great and lasts way longer as your not paying for water. Bought at tractor

Edit....i also spray this on the animals I trap and put in plastic bag for few hrs before I skin. Will kill the fleas and stuff too supply.5f422b178042f9c80ef50c83eb8f7ed1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's easy, and usually warranted, to be concerned about applying more chemicals to our already saturated bodies. But in the case of permethrin it may help to know that it's a chemical that's naturally produced by chrysanthemum rather than a synthetic. So if it kills you, at least you won't become a zombie. Probably.

Back to hunting. Pequod was out with me last night and took a five-point from one of the Millennium stands. The deer had no idea he was around, and if you know Jim, you know he usually smells like fish :rofl:. Being 22 feet up is a great advantage.

We took the deer to Jay's on Rt 259 and I anticipate it'll be ready to be picked up this morning. Jim swears by Swan's for sausage, and that's where most of it will go. First score on our property for the year. Not a monster, but it made Jim happy and it's been a few years since his last one with the bow, so he was shaking pretty good. That's a trophy in my book.

My dad and I both got lucky within the first hour of opening day on the family property in Honeoye NY, unit 8N. My first buck with a bow and one of my dad's largest archery bucks! Been watching his buck on our trail cams all summer, very cool to see it come together and lay hands on the one we have been drooling over!

IMG_2038.thumb.JPG.810a25d7b68cf725382cba0225cbee60.JPG
IMG_2048.thumb.JPG.2350232ddafd5a650ba0d3eb428eebbd.JPG
IMG_2051.thumb.JPG.c10b4091c826653e6a846fe526eb8767.JPG
IMG_1950.thumb.PNG.e2b0b0753102bfdd5ad3a93e988b30d9.PNG
IMG_1951.thumb.PNG.d84984eb70a782bb20d09efb028fb077.PNG
IMG_1952.thumb.PNG.d414a0272a33547ae4dfc47e9d49d6c9.PNG

Awesome deer! That pic of u and dad w the bucks in the back of truck.... thats what this sport is all about. Good stuff. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

7 hours ago, Gator said:

It's easy, and usually warranted, to be concerned about applying more chemicals to our already saturated bodies. But in the case of permethrin it may help to know that it's a chemical that's naturally produced by chrysanthemum rather than a synthetic. So if it kills you, at least you won't become a zombie. Probably.

Back to hunting. Pequod was out with me last night and took a five-point from one of the Millennium stands. The deer had no idea he was around, and if you know Jim, you know he usually smells like fish :rofl:. Being 22 feet up is a great advantage.

We took the deer to Jay's on Rt 259 and I anticipate it'll be ready to be picked up this morning. Jim swears by Swan's for sausage, and that's where most of it will go. First score on our property for the year. Not a monster, but it made Jim happy and it's been a few years since his last one with the bow, so he was shaking pretty good. That's a trophy in my book.

W.T.G.   JIm

Walked deep into state land and sweat my ---- off. Set up on oaks outside of huge bedding area. Saw few doe just before dark. Not much movement. Winter coats and upper 70s don't mix I guess. Trying to stay out of my usual haunts until things get better. Might try for a doe tomorrow evening though.

So I put my new Scent Crusher tote to use yesterday for the first time. Very simple operation of the unit itself. 3 buttons. On/ off to turn the unit on/off, up to adjust the time up and down to adjust the time down. The unit automatically shuts off after the timed cycle ends. The scent crusher unit pumps ozone into the tote killing bacteria and/or scent. You must choose a run cycle between 5-30 minutes. It doesn't get much simpler then that for operation. My initial reaction is to the smell of ozone. It's a very unique smell. Not like anything familiar.

IMG_20171008_095719194_HDR.jpgIMG_20171008_095734230_HDR.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ozone smells like sweet summer air after a thunder and lightning storm to me.... i use an ozone generator for my foot wear, gloves, hats, etc. they seem to be pretty effective. Mine takes 6 hrs to cycle! 30 min is fast. Will b checking it out.