Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

I wish I could have been in a tree this morning! Vacation for the beginning of November, just not sure wether to take the first week with the tail end of October or the first full week in November. Decisions decisions. ......

first full week of November. Ive seen more big bucks from nov 5th to the 12th than all the rest of bow, gun, and muzzleloader seasons combined.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Agreed. First week. I always plan time off Nov 4-12 It is traditionally prime time!! I believe the full moon falls on the 3rd. Hunting the full moon phase does not hurt either in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you are concerned with moon phase, the 4th is the full moon. I'm on vacation from the 1st to the 14th just to have it covered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Funny my lunar chart shows 100% full 3rd and 4th.... Either way hunting should be firing up![emoji4][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I got mine for $60 on Amazon and am using the cap on my pickup with an old shower curtain bar to hang clothes. I'd be careful about taking a generator into the tree with you--breathing ozone isn't good for your health. 

Last night's sit was a total bust. No deer from the stand or in the fields walking out. This warm weather has everybody else so happy, but I'm just depressed. Enough is enough.

Edited by Gator

Hey guys. Recovered my buddies buck after 10 hrs of tracking. Deer went a 1000 yards on a injured lung and a arrow directly through the liver on a quartering away shot. Blood was good then non existence then good. Moral of the story is keep looking for the wounded ones. Almost gave up 10 different times. We found it this morning still alive. Very unfortunate it had to suffer so long but that's hunting. Shot was a complete pass through. Unreal how long it lived and traveled. 

IMG_0456.JPG