Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Got a new spot this year only second time hunting it. Had a bunch of does behind me first thing and then a group came in in front of me. Shot the biggest one looked like a good hit but she ran away with her front leg up. I saw the arrow fly about 20 yards later couldn’t tell if it was whole or broken then she stopped I thought she was going to pile up but she went about another 30 yards out of sight. Concerned I hit her shoulder. Other than that been a good morning with 2 1.5 year olds in range and what appeared to be a shooter walking by me through the brush at about 70 yards 5 minutes ago. Was gonna get down at 9 to check arrow and blood but they still seem very active.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think she’ll be fine, sucks but they’re tough i hope she’ll be fine, I’ve found plenty of broadheads in bone. I was on her and went to settle in for the shot and bumped my cheek/thumb. Just switched to a thumb release this year gotta get more used to keeping my thumb away from it especially with some adrenaline pumping.

Had to pass on camp this weekend,had to put are oldest golden down of 12 years to bone cancer.bummer of a week! First time home for opening of rifle in a long time.IMG_0080.thumb.JPG.011215cb54557e27b421f6d857a1053a.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Giz Im sorry for your loss. Goldens are a very special breed. My thoughts are with you, friend. We put our 12 year old golden down in July due to a neurological issue. I think of him every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's tough knowing that your pal's going to move on faster than you. And yet we still keep getting them, training them, giving our hearts and souls to them...and it's all worth it.

On a hunting note: I hate the warm weather. Two sits yesterday with not a deer seen from the stand. Blech!!

Gator I’ve heard that report a lot about yesterday. I saw maybe 15-20 different deer on their feet yesterday including 2 1.5 year olds and one possible shooter in the brush who was tearing up scrapes and wrecking a tree rub. This morning I saw 2 does and a small basket 7 so far, one of the does was the one I had the bad shot on yesterday. Thankfully she had a very slight limp but was cruising along pretty well.

It's tough knowing that your pal's going to move on faster than you. And yet we still keep getting them, training them, giving our hearts and souls to them...and it's all worth it.

On a hunting note: I hate the warm weather. Two sits yesterday with not a deer seen from the stand. Blech!!

Yes and I ask my wife why do we keep doing this to are self’s? Great company!

I'm sure others have used him but it's my first time, I had Doug at deer done right in Albion make slim sticks,hot dogs and sausage. They were amazing definitely worth it, I brought 20lbs and got around 40lbs back. His number is 585-590-6259

Giz,

Sorry to hear about your golden. I have to take my 11.5 year old lab in on Halloween to have 2 cancerous lumps taken off of his lower lip. Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly. My wife and I have been married 12 years, so to say he is part of the family would be an understatement. There has basically been no "us" without him.

Slow weekend for me. Hunted both mornings till around 11 with no deer sightings. However, on Saturday morning right at first light I had a nice bear come through right under my stand and actually sniff my ladder steps. Too dark for the phone to record and I have no interest in killing a bear. Was a cool experience though!

Giz,
Sorry to hear about your golden. I have to take my 11.5 year old lab in on Halloween to have 2 cancerous lumps taken off of his lower lip. Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly. My wife and I have been married 12 years, so to say he is part of the family would be an understatement. There has basically been no "us" without him.

Thanks hope all goes well!