Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

So as I am typing this I am waiting for a my connecting flight from Atlanta to Rochester. I have quietly been on a 12 day hiatus in Costa Rica. Costa Rica was a great place to vacation but I'm glad to be on my way home. No rest for the wicked, starting tomorrow morning the hunting grind begins.
I'm still catching up on the thread. I am looking back at some great stories and some great deer shot. Congratulations to everyone!

received_10210191639243118.thumb.jpeg.68f829422ee46d5f3f8ad08ee292c82f.jpegreceived_10210191626362796.thumb.jpeg.6035d9ca83164b5a587f7a49cd30f759.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You ever been to Cabo on one of your yearly trips? Thinking about going with a couple buddies in the spring and would like to get as much fishing in as possible since everything else seems pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You ever been to Cabo on one of your yearly trips? Thinking about going with a couple buddies in the spring and would like to get as much fishing in as possible since everything else seems pretty cheap.

I haven't but Mexico is very inexpensive to travel to.

It was a good morning. Three separate bucks and seven doe in three groups. All within range, several straight downwind and they never saw me. Maybe the ozone worked? I treated my clothes using a cheap ~$60 unit off Amazon in the back of my truck (has a cap) for two hours last night. None of the buck were shooters, but a couple of the doe were tempting. I'm thinking though that I don't want to stink things up with the rut starting...the time to shoot a doe at my place is past, likely to come again after gun opens. Not me, not now.

October 28 pm
59 degrees
Wind nw 5-10 mph
Cloudy
Occasion rain

Well unfortunately for me I came home around 1 or so this morning from the airport and found the battery in my truck dead as a doornail. Because of this I had to skip the morning hunt.
With a slight break in the rain I was able to get out this afternoon. Amazing what a difference two weeks away makes in the woods. Leaves are about 50 percent gone and what is left is colored up and falling in the rain. On the walk in tonight I noticed five fresh scrapes. As for deer ... They were everywhere! 20+ deer seen from the stand. Two with racks. One young buck annoying every doe that stepped on to the cut bean field.

IMG_20171028_172946607.jpg

Sidelined due to rain this morning, looks like mother nature didn't want me to hunt. It looks like this afternoon might be a possibility. Tomorrows forecast looks awful. Crazy high winds. 50+ mph

Cabo is incredible fishing. Cabo itself can be pricy because its a tourist destination but the outlying area is much less expensive. And deals can be found in Cabo for sure with some planning. On our last trip we caught 2 striped marlin 180 lb class and a bunch of mahi. Awesome time.

Just now, dvdegeorge said:

tomorrow will be crazy with deer activity 

they are calling for crazy high winds tomorrow now also. 35 mph. weds morning looks great though