Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

1 hour ago, JakeyBaby said:

Just got the call the OUR good friend Tommy is having his heart transplant as we speak! Thought and prayers to him and his family! Good luck and love you buddy!

Out standing best news I've heard all year!!!Thoughts and prayers for a successful procedure and full speedy recovery!!!

Tommy was going absolutely nuts lately cramped up in that room...I was shouting in the lab this morning when I found out. So good! A few more hours surgery, a fast recovery, and he can get on with his life. God bless him and Mal and all the folks who have stuck by him. 

Got the call this morning, happy for him and just hoping everything goes smooth and he has a uneventful recovery.  Be great to see him at the shop again next summer on a daily basis.

I don't know who Tommy is personally, but i really do pray for a successful surgery and a fast recovery for him!!!

Beautiful guy, do anything in the world for you as long as you’re decent. Takes no crap and has fantastic sense of humor. One of the best Deer hunters I’ve ever met. Kind of guy that will (has) belly crawl through hell to get the deer he’s hunting. Best marine mechanic on our side of the lake. Can’t say enough about Tommy.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When I received the call early this morning, I was very excited for Tommy and his family.  He is a great guy and one hell of a mechanic.  The creek was not the same without him this summer.  It will be great to see his smiling face around the marina next summer. 

October 30 pm
50 degrees
Sw wind 20-25 with gusts 30 mph
Cloudy becoming drizzle

Very tough sit this afternoon. If 30+ mph gusts and 50 degrees wasn't bad enough the rain slowly got worse as the sun went down. Deer movement was insane. There were deer in the fields when I showed up at 3. 23+ deer seen including six bucks. Four first year racks, 2.5 year old tall but skinny tined 8 pt, and one unknown. Lots of sporadic chasing by the younger bucks. They spent their time scent checking the does that entered the fields. At one point I had 16 does and fawns in the two fields.

IMG_20171030_155811697.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Shot this buck on October 19th. It was one that I saw on the trail camera and wanted to remove from the population this year. It was a unique deer as it had something similar to a third antler growing on it. Its the buck on the left in the field photo.

buck down.jpg

WGI_0042.JPG

IMG_0971.PNG

Went through some camera's and found this guy begging like a dog! Have never seen a deer sit like this before. There's a doe bedded down in front of him so it just goes to show, love will make you do crazy things.

20171030_190157.thumb.jpg.30203753719309591e2b2ce13b653b40.jpg