Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Lots of action this morning. No shooters though. Thought I put a chip shot broadside shot through both lungs on a doe. Not so much. Bright blood that didn't start for 30 yrds. Followed her for over 400 yrds, after letting her lie for over an hr. And she didn't lay down one time. Think I hit no mans land. Lost blood about 4 times and last time we found it she was headed up hill so we called it. Feel ****ty. Would rather clean miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Will be out in the am, stuck at work today.

I hunted until 930 this morning then went to work and back in the tree by 330. I think I need to start a new trend of no work November.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I saw one doe in my new/old spot still don’t have a stand for it since I’ve been super busy and only going after work so I was sitting in a small hedgerow in a field. About 1 minutes before dark I could hear a ton of commotion in the thicket off the end of the field. Went on for about 5 minutes until a doe blew out into the field definitely being chased but the bucks just aren’t that dumb yet. I’ll be sneaking in near there with my climber Thursday

Good luck today everyone it's beautiful out! Well I took my first holloween buck yesterday, Hes no giant, but he got me excited! I sat all day yesterday in the wind rain n sleet. I Saw a 4 and a 6 point earlier in the day, he ended up coming thru around 445-5 last night. Came by and was going up the next ridge so I looked and saw he had descent beams n was pretty wide and I've always wanted a holloween buck! So I decided I was going try to get him closer for a shot. A few soft grunts and he came on a string to 30yds. 47619.thumb.jpeg.461443ade13a972009a0241791bc8b36.jpeg47629.thumb.jpeg.9557b9d3c2c57108ef2295adbcc97f61.jpeg

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Congrats on the buck. I got into my stand early today figuring I’d be covered up in deer but I don’t think they got the memo. A couple squirrels and even a house cat so far that’s it

Congrats on the buck. I got into my stand early today figuring I’d be covered up in deer but I don’t think they got the memo. A couple squirrels and even a house cat so far that’s it

To my surprise, very quiet here also!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

According to lots of research, LOL........ the way the moon is right now it is rising in the afternoon this week. That being said evening hunts should be much more purductive then the mornings. That all changes next week when the moon will be setting in the mornings and should keep these deer on there feet longer.

Congrats Joe and everyone else who have taken deer already this season.

! dropped some farm apples to some 36+ deer last nite @ 9 PM. They were all bedded down and struggled to get up and come over.(Durand Eastman Park area) Seems like the deer make up their own rules/patterns everyday & Night I watch them. Different Morning & Evening & Night time movements every day.  It sucks having to drive threw this area on your way to work AND Hunting land daily.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

[attachment=59866:IMG_1464.JPG well a little late but this season has been great so for with two down so far. My traditional quest has been awesome with my biggest buck to date with my long bow couldn’t ask for a better start to my season! Good luck to everyone that hasn’t punched a tag yet

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app