Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

If anyone says the word "grind" in the same sentence as "hunting", I'll personally come over and kick your ass......

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

This hunting grind is killing me. In the tree at 5 am, 13 hours later Home for supper, in bed by 9 pm. Next morning same grind. Lol [emoji23].

Kidding. Just looking for some company. What time should I expect you ( silver Fox) I’ll save you a cup of joe? Lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guys/Gals - get into the woods if you can....rain, wind, sun or shine. Lots and lots of action the past few days. Every day multiple bucks from 1.5 to stud 3.5’s. Does galore. Had one at full draw but no shot. Play the wind, cover you scent and have a blast as it is game on right now

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Interestingly I broke off a small hemlock branch four feet above the ground about 20 yards from my stand in one of my shooting lanes. EVERY single deer walking by smelled my scent on the ground and where I touched the branch. Crazy how they can scent everything

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

November 3 am
52 degrees
NW wind 5-15
Overcast
Rain ending by 9:00am

A doe and fawn at first light and that would be it for me this morning. Mornings have been slow for me all week. Which may be because of the weather but it doesn't seem like November to me yet.

IMG_20171103_092112895.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 3 pm
51 degrees
NW wind 5-15
Partly cloudy
Full moon rising at dusk

Very uneventful day on stand this morning. NW put me in a fresh stand this afternoon. The lack of action had me question my choice in stands. Purely out of boredom... I did an aggressive rattling sequence followed by some mature grunts. Then I sat back and waited. Half hour later I did another aggressive rattling sequence but it was interrupted by a shadow in thicket to my left. I began to do some mature grunting with no response. I gave it a couple minutes... And started again with the grunting and just like that a small 8 pt appears. He begins to seek out the ruckus, nose to the ground, and ends up directly under the stand. He under there for a couple minutes when something grabs his attention. I'm looking and looking and out behind a tree pops a buck. 30 yards headed right at me. No doubt a shooter. Bow is in hand. If he goes to my left it's gonna be a chip shot. If he goes right i probably won't even be able to get a shot. He goes to my right and passes by me within 15 yards. I just can't turn all the way right to get a shot without standing and turning 90 degrees. Unbelievable. Cool experience I guess. I pulled the card from the camera so here's some pics. He's unique. He's a unicorn.

IMG_20171103_174815790_HDR.jpgIMG_20171103_192527084_HDR.jpgIMG_20171103_192748117_TOP.jpgIMG_20171103_192731058.jpg

November 3 pm
51 degrees
NW wind 5-15
Partly cloudy
Full moon rising at dusk

Very uneventful day on stand this morning. NW put me in a fresh stand this afternoon. The lack of action had me question my choice in stands. Purely out of boredom... I did an aggressive rattling sequence followed by some mature grunts. Then I sat back and waited. Half hour later I did another aggressive rattling sequence but it was interrupted by a shadow in thicket to my left. I began to do some mature grunting with no response. I gave it a couple minutes... And started again with the grunting and just like that a small 8 pt appears. He begins to seek out the ruckus, nose to the ground, and ends up directly under the stand. He under there for a couple minutes when something grabs his attention. I'm looking and looking and out behind a tree pops a buck. 30 yards headed right at me. No doubt a shooter. Bow is in hand. If he goes to my left it's gonna be a chip shot. If he goes right i probably won't even be able to get a shot. He goes to my right and passes by me within 15 yards. I just can't turn all the way right to get a shot without standing and turning 90 degrees. Unbelievable. Cool experience I guess. I pulled the card from the camera so here's some pics. He's unique. He's a unicorn.

IMG_20171103_174815790_HDR.thumb.jpg.409edb8f4013bf970b502cc2b4a072a4.jpgIMG_20171103_192527084_HDR.thumb.jpg.20b0d7f78559ea57052990666c155e9b.jpgIMG_20171103_192748117_TOP.thumb.jpg.6e5147807356123c83b0e9bde606f723.jpgIMG_20171103_192731058.thumb.jpg.7beecbd9f3cbb2b5453937adf2087fca.jpg

Cool stuff! Hope you get that guy. Nice buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app