Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

November 4 am

34 degrees

Light South wind becoming east 5-10

Cloudy

Perfect November conditions to be on stand this morning. Just saw three little bucks all before 845 and all had their noses to the ground. I did some rattling also today but no success.

IMG_20171103_163724222.thumb.jpg.f74bef628f20c9fa4e5d33de8aa2cf48.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hunting hard this week.... northern zone 6g and 6n. Spent the morning in the rain yesterday. Saw 19 deer over the course of the day. Only one 4pt on a doe. Lot of activity mid day. 1130-130 was a surprisingly productive period. Nice to see deer on the move. Now we wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Doesn't he know its rut time?!?! Haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oh he knows believe me I’d leave him waiting but he lets me live at his house for the cost of utilities until I️ actually buy this spot I’m hunting on right now. So I️ could leave him but I️ figured it’s a best bet to not.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had the week off work.Weather wasn't the best but the hunting has been good.Saw like 15 bucks with 10 in shooting distance 4 of the 10 were 8 points.Haven't seen any big ones yet.Only hunted 1 evening most days have been from day break till 1230 or so.I have seen as many bucks as doe.Most of my action has been from 930-11.Been moving around to different spots daily.

Hunted with Gatorny and his buddy Fred this morning and shot the biggest buck I have ever shot this morning. Not a monster by any means but a decent buck. I was taking a leak in my bottle and when I looked up, a doe came busting out of the corn. I quick finished up and noticed a big buck coming behind her. Seconds later a second buck appeared. After some chasing and no good opportunities to shoot the bigger buck, I took the other buck. On the initial hit, I hit a little further back than I would have liked. He ran off and ended up bedding down right next Keith in his stand. To make a long story short, the buck ended up going off the property and across a raging creek. He was bedded down in the cattails. We backed out, drove around and got permission from the land owner to retrieve the buck. Thanks again Gator for the opportunity to let me shot a buck on your land. Hopefully you will be rewarded with the 9 point that was with this buck!

. IMG_2596.thumb.JPG.20908f8563b7f3fa5d977427a4c343d5.JPG

IMG_2599.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app