Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Nice ..... Congrats!

18 hours ago, Bluefin54 said:

What a great night to hunt, finally had some cool weather. Right before it started getting dark, this guy snuck in behind me. I didn’t have an opportunity with my bow last year so I Couldn’t be happier to harvest this guy. Good luck to all! Image1509764068.057540.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My dad shot the biggest buck of his life 2 years ago ran 55 yds to neighbors and the guy another hunter had his wife call my dad to tell us we couldn't go get it

Sent from my VS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hard to believe a fellow outdoorsman would be like that..... One word- Karma.

Way to go Brian!

35 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Hunted with Gatorny and his buddy Fred this morning and shot the biggest buck I have ever shot this morning. Not a monster by any means but a decent buck. I was taking a leak in my bottle and when I looked up, a doe came busting out of the corn. I quick finished up and noticed a big buck coming behind her. Seconds later a second buck appeared. After some chasing and no good opportunities to shoot the bigger buck, I took the other buck. On the initial hit, I hit a little further back than I would have liked. He ran off and ended up bedding down right next Keith in his stand. To make a long story short, the buck ended up going off the property and across a raging creek. He was bedded down in the cattails. We backed out, drove around and got permission from the land owner to retrieve the buck. Thanks again Gator for the opportunity to let me shot a buck on your land. Hopefully you will be rewarded with the 9 point that was with this buck!

. IMG_2596.thumb.JPG.20908f8563b7f3fa5d977427a4c343d5.JPG

Hunted with Gatorny and his buddy Fred this morning and shot the biggest buck I have ever shot this morning. Not a monster by any means but a decent buck. I was taking a leak in my bottle and when I looked up, a doe came busting out of the corn. I quick finished up and noticed a big buck coming behind her. Seconds later a second buck appeared. After some chasing and no good opportunities to shoot the bigger buck, I took the other buck. On the initial hit, I hit a little further back than I would have liked. He ran off and ended up bedding down right next Keith in his stand. To make a long story short, the buck ended up going off the property and across a raging creek. He was bedded down in the cattails. We backed out, drove around and got permission from the land owner to retrieve the buck. Thanks again Gator for the opportunity to let me shot a buck on your land. Hopefully you will be rewarded with the 9 point that was with this buck!
. IMG_2596.thumb.JPG.20908f8563b7f3fa5d977427a4c343d5.JPG

Nice job!!

It was the strangest thing, when Brian's buck bedded down by me I couldn't figure out whether it was wounded or taking a break from the chase. It worked out well though. 

I figured I might as well hunt all day, but I couldn't sit in one stand for that long so I took a drive to our lease and walked back to the swamp where I spent two hours. Nothing. I headed back to my place and sat from 4:30 until dark; saw one shooter that was on a beeline for me but broke off at ~60 yards into the thick stuff. A few doe wandered by at dark. No chasing though, unlike this morning. It's great to have some hot doe around--I hope it stays like this for awhile before we hit lock-down.

Slow night for me to nothing doe in cut corn on the way out hopefully tomorrow morning if it’s not raining to hard ? Had a good morning 3 bucks one shooter I screwed up!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I hunted all day today and saw a 4 point and a doe,2 other guys on our lease had bucks chasing does throughout the day- no shots. I did see the strangest thing this morning. I had a red fox walking tree top to tree top on the ground hunting his way through, 5 minutes after he leaves my sight a fisher comes tearing A$$ on his same exact route over the tree tops, including where the fox backtracked following him. Pretty cool- first I’ve seen one in the woods, got some on my cameras. I’m hunting in Farmersville in cattaraugus county

I hunted all day today and saw a 4 point and a doe,2 other guys on our lease had bucks chasing does throughout the day- no shots. I did see the strangest thing this morning. I had a red fox walking tree top to tree top on the ground hunting his way through, 5 minutes after he leaves my sight a fisher comes tearing A$$ on his same exact route over the tree tops, including where the fox backtracked following him. Pretty cool- first I’ve seen one in the woods, got some on my cameras. I’m hunting in Farmersville in cattaraugus county

Saw my first one today too. It looked cute and cuddly.
IMG_20171104_095611500.jpg

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Glad you got the deer Brian. Another proud member of the Colby road banishment club :)

Yesterdays morning hunt was a big zero for me, but the evening hunt was pretty good. Had a nice 6 right under the stand for a long time before a wind gust brought my scent down to him. Fun to watch them bolt. Had another 8 out in the cut corn that did not respond to my calls and finally saw a nice little herd of does at dusk. It was a good night.