Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Took Friday afternoon off and slipped into the stand around 1:30 and started seeing deer right away.  Around 5:15, this buck comes in and my shot was a bit low behind the shoulder and after bumping him I decided to let him rest overnight.  Well, I had to go pick up my ‘new to me’ boat first thing Saturday morning and when I went back late morning to find my buck I found that the coyotes found him first....a bit bittersweet but I am glad I was able to find him.  Saw three different shooters.   Great weekend got a buck and a boat!

A8AAB4D1-2546-4FD2-85F4-C64101D2096B.jpeg

AC83C55A-2EB4-4DA5-938B-9B6AA42AC283.jpeg

As people have stated time and time again this is the best hunting blog there is. Love the storied and pics, and we learn from one and other. With that said I killed my best bow buck to date yesterday morning in tioga county 7s. With the moon full and the rut kicking in I decided to sit till 11 or noon before changing stand for the afternoon. Shot this guy at 30 yards at 10:15. He went 40 yards and piled up. 20171104_110704.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, tlombardozzi said:

Took Friday afternoon off and slipped into the stand around 1:30 and started seeing deer right away.  Around 5:15, this buck comes in and my shot was a bit low behind the shoulder and after bumping him I decided to let him rest overnight.  Well, I had to go pick up my ‘new to me’ boat first thing Saturday morning and when I went back late morning to find my buck I found that the coyotes found him first....a bit bittersweet but I am glad I was able to find him.  Saw three different shooters.   Great weekend got a buck and a boat!

Congrats. You bought a good boat. Im already having anxiety issues not owning a boat. 

1 hour ago, tlombardozzi said:

Great job Tomy - great buck and beautiful boat!

I cannot believe how great the hunting has been so far this year

Be safe,

Chris

Congratulations to everyone scoring deer..... now should I go to church or go track that buck with Rob tonight after dark and bring a bunch of mailboxes with me !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Congratulations to everyone scoring deer..... now should I go to church or go track that buck with Rob tonight after dark and bring a bunch of mailboxes with me !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's funny. I just noticed that poor mailbox has been reinforced!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app