Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Congratulations to everyone scoring deer..... now should I go to church or go track that buck with Rob tonight after dark and bring a bunch of mailboxes with me !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Slip an extra $20 in the donation basket for me. I'm gonna need some influence to help find this buck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 5 am
52 degrees
South wind 20+
Cloudy
Occasional shower

The deer were moving this morning. Lots of does and fawns seen feeding the field. Some were already there when I arrived this morning. More importantly, 3 shooters on their feet this morning. Around 8ish I had an encounter with a good buck and stuck him with an arrow at about 10-15 yards. I backed out and I'm letting him sit. Hopefully Ill have pics and story to share this afternoon when I go get him.

November 5 am
52 degrees
South wind 20+
Cloudy
Occasional shower

The deer were moving this morning. Lots of does and fawns seen feeding the field. Some were already there when I arrived this morning. More importantly, 3 shooters on their feet this morning. Around 8ish I had an encounter with a good buck and stuck him with an arrow at about 10-15 yards. I backed out and I'm letting him sit. Hopefully Ill have pics and story to share this afternoon when I go get him.

Hopefully the rain doesn’t mess it up? Good luck!! Hope you find him!!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Started sprinkling on my way into the driveway, pulled up in front of the garage to get changed and i was welcomed with a big white flag about 20 yards away at about 1:50. Never been a big believer in tinks etc but i grabbed some antler I’ve last night and did about a 300 yard drag to my stand and 2 wicks soaked around me. Not sure how it’ll work with this stiff swirling wind (something that you’re always fighting on this mountainside but hopefully the antler ice works as advertised and I️ can head out to Ohio next week for my week off.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

November 5 am
52 degrees
South wind 20+
Cloudy
Occasional shower

Good luck [emoji256][emoji1303] hope you find him.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry for the delay in response. Thank you all for the comments. My buck gross scored 147 3/4". My mom shot a 10 point 9 minutes after I shot mine, and my step brother shot a nice old 9 point the night before, all from the same property. Here are some of the pictures of the three bucks.
20171104_085753.jpg
20171104_093017.jpg
20171104_104219.jpg
Resized_20171104_105412.jpeg
Resized_20171104_091444.jpeg
20171105_202406.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice buck Sean.  With all you have on your plate right now this one is sweeter.  In my prayers buddy.

Thanks Joe, i appreciate the prayers. The timing could not have been more perfect this year. We are now in Baltimore getting started with the induction for our 3rd child. Now all we can do is hope and pray that the surgeons can perform a successful surgery and our baby will be alright.

Yea buddy that is a slammer of a buck, I hope Legasy finds his buck!! One thing I can say is you guys definitely are a group of excellent bunch of selective hunters. The only was a buck is going to get to 140" plus is to let those 1-1/2- 2-1/2 year olds walk. After a deer hits 2-1/2-3 years old well you guys see the difference. Well educated and guys understanding what it take to get 140+ deer mean you need to let the younger bucks walk. The mentality of the hunters in our neck of the woods is 3 points pull the trigger, then those same guys are the first to bytch there ain't no big bucks around unless you go into the development, no shyt Sherlock they are 2-1/2 or better in age. You guys have way better hunting ethics's and it shows!! Congrats guys!!

Yea buddy that is a slammer of a buck, I hope Legasy finds his buck!! One thing I can say is you guys definitely are a group of excellent bunch of selective hunters. The only was a buck is going to get to 140" plus is to let those 1-1/2- 2-1/2 year olds walk. After a deer hits 2-1/2-3 years old well you guys see the difference. Well educated and guys understanding what it take to get 140+ deer mean you need to let the younger bucks walk. The mentality of the hunters in our neck of the woods is 3 points pull the trigger, then those same guys are the first to bytch there ain't no big bucks around unless you go into the development, no shyt Sherlock they are 2-1/2 or better in age. You guys have way better hunting ethics's and it shows!! Congrats guys!!

That’s how most the “meat hunters” are Pap, they’re the biggest naysayers of there being big deer in New York. The other ones that get me are the guys that shoot 1-1/2 year olds every year and put up a Facebook post saying “not as big as i hoped for but ya can’t eat the horns, now time to fill some doe permits!” As if they couldn’t have shot a 115lb doe instead of a 100lb buck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Joe, i appreciate the prayers. The timing could not have been more perfect this year. We are now in Baltimore getting started with the induction for our 3rd child. Now all we can do is hope and pray that the surgeons can perform a successful surgery and our baby will be alright.

Nice deer, well deserved and good luck.. I hope all goes well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Congratulations Guppy and family on some awesome bucks!!  No signs of the rut out here in east central NY in 5R.  Pulled cards on 5 cameras that were soaking for a week on 2 properties and hunted both morning and afternoons and all deer movement is still first and last 2 hours of the day and lots of nightime pictures.  Bucks and does feeding calmly and acting like it's October but I think the cold snap this  week and weekend will really get things going.  It's always interesting to see how the rut progresses in different parts of the state and western NY is always first and it seems to work it's way east.  

32 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Full moon this weekend suppressed daytime buck movement IMO. This next weekend plan to sit all day. 

Not by me....I think moon phases and their effect on deer movement is a garbage man-made myth.

Just my opinion

Chris