Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Short story: I walked up on a big boy chasing a doe tonight and had him take a couple steps toward me and, I swear, growl. It brought to mind all the tales you hear about rutting bucks goring hunters. I actually drew on him, but there was no shot as he turned, showed me his rear, and calmly walked 80 yards down the trail away from me before heading into the bush. Hopefully he isn't busted too bad and I can get a crack at him from the stand. Game on.

I hit one in about the same spot when I first started bow hunting too.just below the spine but just above the vitals.watch him walk away limping? Came back found a good pile of blood looked for hours but never found him,was sick for awhile,saw him again opening day of rifle but couldn't get a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Sat till noon and was covered up with deer at first light then it died. At 10:45 had a doe come through at a good clip with her mouth open. Grabed the bow and clipped on! Instead of monster tailing her it's has a relentless button buck. Sat till noon with no more action. Wife's Birthday so I had to take the afternoon off unfortunately. The GRIND continues in the morning. Good luck to everyone that is perched, should be a good evening!

Just got 2 separate reports bucks chasing doe its starting hang tight boys

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's the one thing I have yet to see this year is bucks chasing does. I've seen them bump does in fields at dusk but no big chases yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 7 pm

42 degrees

NE wind 5 mph

Partly sunny

Lots of deer moving after 430. 15-20 deer seen. 3 small racks and a giant. The young bucks bumped the does they came in contact with but no real chasing. They were more concerned with eating. Had a tough time getting out of the stand and got stuck there until 540.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Enjoy reading all of your guys reports and seeing the pics. Down here in DE and SEPA been bow hunting a couple nights a week the last few weeks. Seeing tons of doe and harvested one about 3 weeks ago, but prior to today I had only seen one buck on stand all season so far.

Today left work at noon and was in stand by 130. Pouring rain, but much colder than its been. Did some blind grunting after being in stand for 5 minutes and had this guy come in on a string. 10 yard shot and he only went 10 yards where he stopped and fell over. Pretty decent 6 point (tiny brow tines, not the best pic). But he's got some good mass so I'm happy with him. Tagged out my buck tag for PA. Still have two more buck tags in DE to chase.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season! 

image1.JPG