Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

42 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

Ok guys got him out, not a monster by any means but is the best deer on the property at this point!

No need to downplay the size of a buck, its all relative and if you weren't excited about shooting it, then you wouldn't have shot it! 

Beautiful buck as far as I can see, will be interested to hear about what may have caused his baldness!

Baldness I think is a testosterone thing. A couple of years ago I shot a buck and went to move it by grabbing it by the mane. I fell over backwards with huge clumps of fur in my hand. WTF. So I tried again and duplicated the feat. I could have dry plucked that deer in 5 minutes. 

Thanks everyone! A ton of time put on to kill this guy! Was truely a GRIND, but it's my number one passion! Further investigation shows along with his left eye being poked out he also has a puncture wound in his lower neck that is infected. Green and nasty. Have been told they will have hair loss if infection sets in!

My mission after work today was to get back in an untouched piece of thick stuff on this new property. All was going well, did a drag walking in then I️ got about 15 feet off the ground and this happens. Nothing will make you pucker up like your toes slowly pointing towards the sky faster and faster. Had to wriggle the platform down the tree and shimmy the top down while bear hugging the tree. Spots probably blown but I’m heading west at about 2am anyhow. IMG_0520.HEIC

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app