Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

8 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

Hey guys, i don't mean to clutter the forum with non-hunting posts, but i wanted to follow up with an update. A lot of you were aware of my newborn son needing major surgery after birth at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. He was born Monday morning, and went into surgery this morning st 9:45. Surgery lasted about 3 hours and was extremely successful (even more so than the doctors and surgeons thought possible). Just wanted to thank everyone that sent prayers and well wishes our way, it was very much appreciated! Our son Lincoln is back in the NICU where he will remain over the next few weeks for recovery.

Thanks again, and congratulations to everyone that has harvested something so far this season. Now I've got a lot of reading to get caught up on the thread!!

20171109_080927.jpg
20171109_123441.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great looking boy! He's going to look good in camo not long from now. cherish every minute good and bad, you'll turn around and before you know he will asking for the car keys. Glade it all worked out!

Got down about a half hour ago when my fingers were finally in too much pain to stand it anymore. On my way to dicks now to get gloves and some antler ice. Saw 3 does and 3 bucks 2 1.5 year olds and I’m thinking smaller 2.5 or a stud first rack. About a mile from my spot I was pulling up to a stop sign and saw a doe come barreling into the field. Got my binocs out in time to see a real nice 10 hounding her, watched them for about 5 minutes and he was on her the whole time all over the hillside.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was down to 2 hunts left for bow. I chose not to hunt last weekend and let the property rest. Had perfect conditions for a stand I havint sat in for 3 weeks.  This guy came in solo but on a mission had to give him a grunt to stop.  He gave me a 15yd shot he didint even flinch he walked another few steps and tipped over ..whew!!  Good luck to all that are still in pursuit.

SmartSelectImage_2017-08-02-18-30-35.thumb.png.46be494f08f12cf9a452ad008951484f.png20171110_092722.thumb.jpg.d1339b447b5b2a2a6a9b1e85f703297e.jpg

Had a bunch of does about an hour and a half before dark. A shooter came out of some thick stuff about 80 yards out and scent checked all of them and went right back in. Right at dark I heard a ton of noise off to my right (crashing leaves turning etc) then about 5 minutes later I heard the most god awful screaming/screeching coming from that direction. Not sure what it was but i started wondering if it might’ve been that creature from the Jeepers Creepers movies.

November 10 pm
24 degrees
NW wind 20+
Partly sunny

Well that was a cold sit!!! Lots of deer moving and they were moving from the second I got there at 230. The most deer i have have seen from the stand all year. Only 3 bucks. Two young bucks and one possible shooter. Didn't get the binoculars on him fast enough.
Does and fawns were very paranoid acting. Heads up constantly. I saw three fawns run out onto the field tonight and it scared all the deer off the field. After a few minutes the would all slowly come out of the woods and back onto the field.
Saw a doe put a whooping on two button bucks because they were fighting. I also saw two does fighting. They stood on their hind legs and boxed each other.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey guys, i don't mean to clutter the forum with non-hunting posts, but i wanted to follow up with an update. A lot of you were aware of my newborn son needing major surgery after birth at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. He was born Monday morning, and went into surgery this morning st 9:45. Surgery lasted about 3 hours and was extremely successful (even more so than the doctors and surgeons thought possible). Just wanted to thank everyone that sent prayers and well wishes our way, it was very much appreciated! Our son Lincoln is back in the NICU where he will remain over the next few weeks for recovery.

Thanks again, and congratulations to everyone that has harvested something so far this season. Now I've got a lot of reading to get caught up on the thread!!

20171109_080927.thumb.jpg.7b3a8a486b87a8732cdb1b79d36bd218.jpg
20171109_123441.thumb.jpg.02738ebf0313ad3ce83e22b7840b6c6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Congrats on your son, and his successful operation!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am glad it wasn't just me. I froze my tail off today! Seemed like the coldest day ever.

Passed on a 6pt in the northern zone with the rifle in the morning, 20 yards.

Hunted the afternoon with the bow. 4 doe. It was 21 when I went in and 17 when I came out. Brrrrrrr.

That is great news about the baby guppy!

11 hours ago, PeltHunter said:

Had a bunch of does about an hour and a half before dark. A shooter came out of some thick stuff about 80 yards out and scent checked all of them and went right back in. Right at dark I heard a ton of noise off to my right (crashing leaves turning etc) then about 5 minutes later I heard the most god awful screaming/screeching coming from that direction. Not sure what it was but i started wondering if it might’ve been that creature from the Jeepers Creepers movies.

And now in an encore appearance from last year: zombie chicken!!

very strange2.jpg