Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Thanks Reel E Hooked. To pour salt in the wound they’re finally cutting the probably 300 acres of corn across the street and I took a quick ride around the area and saw 2 shooters on the search

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Reel E Hooked I owe ya one. Stopped over at Jim’s he had a set of 70lb limbs in stock that he ordered for a guy and he never picked them up. I’ll be back in the game tomorrow.

Reel E Hooked I owe ya one. Stopped over at Jim’s he had a set of 70lb limbs in stock that he ordered for a guy and he never picked them up. I’ll be back in the game tomorrow.

Crazy story. Glad it worked out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 hours ago, PeltHunter said:

Set bow on the crossbar of my stand for about 15 seconds reached into my pocket and bumped the bow. Fell and instead of just falling to the ground it blasted the bottom step of the ladder.

I bet you even said darn & shocks to yourself after that!  That sucks!

1 hour ago, Duckman1 said:

Not what i expected this morning. 1 doe so far

Sent from my 6045O using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think the does went into hiding. Only deer i saw was a nice buck. Got into my downwind shooting lane and busted me before I drew. Buck was cruising at 10:45. 

November 11 am
25 degrees
SE wind 5 mph
Party sunny becoming cloudy

Slow start but mid morning the deer started moving. Saw three fawns by themselves today. I had a doe show up in the corner of the field and the bucks showed up from every direction. 3 1.5 year olds and 1 tall but skinny tined 2.5 year old.

IMG_20171111_065819027.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a very large buck tending a doe in the back of a cornfield this morning, chasing away anything that came near. It's the breeding phase. Over the course of the day, I had three separate instances of crashing just beyond where I could see, in thick stuff not more than 40 yards away, so I think that there's still some stuff going on, but it's definitely calmed down from earlier this week. Took a mid-day break to help a buddy find a really fantastic eight point he shot last night and left alone until today. Tough search, but we got it done and he's happy he made the right decision. No coyote damage, either.

Saw 3 or 4 small bucks chasing does this morning.Didn't see anything for the first 2 hours then heard a loud grunt then all hell broke lose for an hour or so.Saw a descent 8 point chasing a doe in an open field on my way home for lunch.Jumped a real nice buck with a doe on my way in tonight and that was it for the evening.  

November 11 pm
35 degrees
SE wind 5 mph
cloudy becoming partly sunny

Very quiet afternoon. About 445 I had a small buck (one of the bucks i saw this morning) chasing a doe through the woods and at dusk i had two deer come up from behind me and wind me. Not a whole lot happening where I was.