Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Hunted 6N this weekend. Had a 200 lb black bear run by my stand at about 65 yrds Sat am. A first for me. Seeing more bear activity and sign and less deer this year. Wonder if there is a correlation?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Those brow tines are cool.  I have seen some really nice racks on this thread so far.  I hope it keeps coming.

I have a boar on camera and saw him once on my way out.  I wanted to hunt him but I also wanted to give my cousin a chance to score his bow season deer without me busting his hunt.

Not the thing I️ was looking forward to for my second day of 10 days off. Anyone know of a bow tech shop in the macedon/victor area that may be able to get me a set of limbs ASAP?IMG_0523.HEIC  

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck! Had the same thing happen about 2 weeks before the season! Said the bow wasn’t covered because I️ had bought it from a pro staffer brand new in box! But the uninformed girl from their customer service dept told me that had a lot of limbs I️ could buy! Went to Heritage ( great guys) and Mike called all over for limbs and no one had anything but after market limbs! Absolutely terrible customer service , they do not stand behind their product! 

Took a break from 11-1230 to get some lunch. Drove around all the fields and adjacent properties. Nothing spotted. Back in stands at 1 for the evening sit. I never wanted just a doe to come by so my nephew can experience it.....

November 13 am
39 degrees
South east wind 5 mph
Cloudy skies

Occasional sprinkle

Non stop action during the entire sit this morning and a lot of deer on their feet. The ten or so does and fawns in the field were getting scent checked by every passing buck. 5 bucks this morning. 3 young bucks and two shooters (including one buck that I have never seen). Quick hunt then off to work.

Just had a nice buck sneak up behind me circled around to the brush down wind. Of course I forgot my grunt tube so I Hail Mary’d a bunch of antler ice out yo maybe get his attention. Only deer I’ve seen this afternoon and he was in no rush to get anywhere.

Had my chance this morning and blew it.Had a real nice 160 class Buck coming in.I grabbed my bow and bumped my stand with it,Buck stopped dead in his tracks.He's looking I manage to spin 360 deg.He starts to walk again I drew back and shot just low.He takes off.I waited a half hour or so climb down find my arrow clean miss.I moved my climbing stand about 15ft. I didn't like how it was hanging on the tree.I am standing on my stand ready to clime the tree.I see him going around me at 50 yards never even new I was there.All I can say is Buck fever.  

Every year I feel like I get on average one chance to tag a shooter. I hope that this year it wasn't my encounter with the aggressive big boy...I didn't shoot him, he didn't gore me to death. I call that a push.

Crunch time for sure. Today also marks the three year anniversary almost to the minute right now of me killing a deer. All I’ve seen this morning is a big tom that showed up 11 days late and a booner slug on my bow.