Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Went to the same spot where I missed the big bruiser. Bad news is he didn't show up.Good news is his Grand son did.Yesterday I got Buck Fever today the buck got the fever.Perfect heart shot.All you have to do is look for the signs.(yellow game crossing sign in the background)1114171139a_zps1f9dkm9f.thumb.JPG.32dc19a99ed143338f9a3284b3999eb9.JPG1114171329_zps0k5opabh.thumb.JPG.df9f701d51eda32f8b0c0c11e6a82a9e.JPG

I hate the change in time. I work in the city, live in Farmington and hunt near shirtsville. Corn just got cut a couple days ago so I figured I'd walk the top of the ridge and work my way down to a stand in an area I know I can punch a doe tag...too late. If you look close, you can see my stand and the doe are only 10 yards out into the field20171113_161806.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went to the same spot where I missed the big bruiser. Bad news is he didn't show up.Good news is his Grand son did.Yesterday I got Buck Fever today the buck got the fever.Perfect heart shot.All you have to do is look for the signs.(yellow game crossing sign in the background)1114171139a_zps1f9dkm9f.thumb.JPG.32dc19a99ed143338f9a3284b3999eb9.JPG1114171329_zps0k5opabh.thumb.JPG.df9f701d51eda32f8b0c0c11e6a82a9e.JPG

Using those yellow signs is cheating man, have you no ethics?? Lol [emoji23]. Nice buck man congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Missouri hunter bags 39-point buck after four years of tryinghttp://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/2017/11/14/missouri-hunter-bags-39-point-buck-after-four-years-trying.html

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

November 14 am
37 degrees
Light NW wind
Cloudy
Occasional sprinkle

Quiet morning. A little too quiet for me. Probably a dozen does and fawns visited the field this morning without any bucks to bother them. I did see two young bucks. They could care less about the rut.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I’m glad I filled a couple tags early. Had good movement all season up until last week. It has shut down for me. I have gone 3 sits ( 20+ hours ) without seeing a deer. Makes for long days. Looking at rain/wind forecast today will be my last sit for bow.

November 15th (today) is typically the day that most doe will be bread ( + or -) a day. So yes being extremely close to that bedroom is key! Once the mature bucks get off those first does it the action will pick back up again for a day or two.

You ever hear the term “there’s no sense being dumb if you don’t ever show it?” I went to a spot I used to hunt a lot on doe patrol this morning and had a mink off to the side of my stand. I took a video of him for a minute and turned to settle back in my seat and when I did the 6 does standing 10 yards off the opposite back corner of my stand blew and took off.