Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

November 18 am
southern zone gun opener
45 degrees
SW wind 10-20
Cloudy skies
Passing rain

One of the slowest gun openers I have ever witnessed. Two fawns the entire morning. I'm assuming with that front, rain, and heavy wind that it shut off all of the deer activity. I'm also thinking that the weather deterred the fair weather hunters this morning. Low pressure + awful weather = long quiet sit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Drove around and glassed a couple properties on the way home from the southern tier. Saw a stud of a buck walking the field edge around 1130 this morning. Needless to say I'm in that block of woods for the pm portion of today's adventure. My kid is with me and he is on the far side of the block. I'm begging for something to walk by him. He has an itchy trigger finger.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 18 am 
southern zone gun opener
45 degrees
SW wind 10-20
Cloudy skies
rain beginning at 430

Well that sucked. Ugly end to a very slow day. Zero for me tonight. The kid saw a few but never had a shot. Tomorrows forecast looks terrible... Uggggg!

Looks windy in the am but not wet from what I can see. Good morning for a very slow walk in the blocks from east to west.
Of course I’m working, but that’s what I’d be doing if I wasn’t. Not a great morning to be up a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The best part of the day was that we didn't get wet. Three of us and not a deer seen, morning or evening. I don't know if we stank up the property the past few days or whether having the corn cut moved them or whether they were just hunkered down. It was tough this afternoon not to fall asleep in the stand. We recovered my buddy's eight from yesterday, which hadn't moved from where we saw it bedded last night, and the coyotes didn't get at it, so that was a plus too.

Edited by Gator

Hunted 7R today. Rain held off until about 4pm. Wind was brisk. A shot or two here and there throughout the day....Did not see one whitetail. Disappointing to say the least. Oh well, some days you get the bear. Some days the bear gets you!

12 does and fawns all under 60 yards yesterday. Spread out through the day. No bucks. It was enjoyable,way better than I thought.

Being out today is making me question my sanity though.

Surprisingly the deer were on the move on the drive here this morning.

Had a successful opening day. Just wanted meet in the freezer, and was able to do that. Had 3 does come in early, but never had a great shot, so let them walk. 20 minutes later had a nice mature doe come into 20 yards, so pulled the trigger and took her. About 10 minutes later, heard my buddy shoot. He texted me and said he got a nice 8 pointer. We were pumped as we had two deer down by 730. We decided to sit till 9 before we went to look for the buck. Also had alittle spike come in at about 830 and he kept trying to mount the doe that was laying 20 yards from me for about 20 minutes. Never seen anything like that. Anyway, met up with my buddy and we went and tracked his buck. It only ended up going 50 yards, and to both of our surprises it ended up being a monster 11 pt. It was my buddies best buck by far. It was a great day to be part of and a great opening morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

IMG_5539.thumb.JPG.1b5cceee3ed911613325ff782cc0a4ae.JPGIMG_5560.thumb.JPG.f3b478f5592cf9b61030958164fe8226.JPGIMG_5565.thumb.JPG.332c9873ee394272ef2c26f38c73db9d.JPGIMG_5580.thumb.JPG.3f18ff2b86c1b0e5094c538769b1db00.JPGIMG_5582.thumb.JPG.556bc23b37af9e8a28867a62c0636795.JPG