Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Nice job to everyone on there deer! I have been hunting a select few and been unsuccessful to say the least. Pretty sure I had a 140ish 10 at 80 on Saturday but couldn't see his head. If it had a mane it could have been in the derby though. There's always tomorrow I guess. Good luck to all with tags in hand!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Quick sit for me this morning. First 2 minutes in stand I had a fisher run around and stayed for about 5 minutes. Pretty cool To see. About an hour later had a doe with fawn come through. They didn’t like something as they hit the brakes hard and did a big circle back to where they came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Been 3 years since I have seen a deer while in the woods. Took today off and went. Got there before sunrise to head to the stand and about got blown over by the wind. There is a nice little cabin on the property so I sat on the porch. About 815 the property owner drove by and gave a honk hello. As I turned back to the woods a doe and nice bodied 6 went flying through. Neither offered a shot. A few minutes later I see this guy with his nose to the ground. Very happy to have finally broken the bad streak I have been on. Taken with a 12 gauge ithaca deer slayer givin to my by my father inlaw. Biggest buck for me and first deer taken on this propertyIMG_15641.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 21 am
38 degrees
SW wind 15 mph with gusts to 30
Clear skies

Some good action this morning however it only last until 730 or so. Two unknown deer pass by me this morning. Both had racks but it was too dark to get a great look. A 1.5 year old bucks, two button bucks, and another encounter with a shooter 8. Seems like the boys were on their feet this morning.

IMG_20171121_065743554.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app