Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

20 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

20171123_072246.jpg

A first for me this morning. With both buck tags punched I decided to bring my bow. Probably hunt the rest of the season this way to try and knock to knock down some donkeys. Only one stump sitting trespasser so far this morning!

Got to love recycled bloody arrows. 

20171123_072246.thumb.jpg.66c939fb84653629be2a45151518fd90.jpg

A first for me this morning. With both buck tags punched I decided to bring my bow. Probably hunt the rest of the season this way to try and knock to knock down some donkeys. Only one stump sitting trespasser so far this morning!

Unless I'm with my kid that's my plan also!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hunting In Oswego county. Heard more shots today than all year so far. Seen only one small doe. Have another half hour to sit then heading home to start the feast.

Happy thanksgiving everyone !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Congrats to your son Rob. Im up at my grandfathers in the Adirondacks for thanksgiving we have about 150 acres to hunt here surrounded by state land right at the bottom of the hill behind his house is all thick pines and swamp so I waited for the thanksgiving day drives to conclude and just headed out to still hunt that area. Figured I’d keep it traditional Adirondack hunting for thanksgiving and brought along my 1932 model 99 .300 savage. I learned a long time ago from an old guy out in Montana that you can always tell a 99 from the ADKs because the blueing is worn down on the receiver from long walks in the woods and mine is no different.Image1511453088.830903.jpgImage1511453271.304641.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Pulled a few cards on my way out today.... next year's target buck! Let him walk twice during bow season. And have a few pics of him. Got him hitting a scrape yesterday and looks like he could be a good one next year!

20171123_111351.jpg20171123_111325.jpg20171123_111258.jpg20171123_111231.jpg

Matt, that's going to be a pig next year.

Congrats on the donkey. One of my guys had a button buck that was gut shot by a neighbor lying under a bush 15 yards from his stand this morning. He didn't see anything. I wonder why? He probably chased the coyotes off it when he went in. 

I, on the other hand, have no excuse for not seeing anything. Same deal as opening day. Word on the street is that Rob's Farm shot nearly 80 deer this year on nuisance permits. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, first, they have a deer problem and second, they may have gone overboard. I did notice that I was overrun with small bucks this year but few doe. The same thing happened two years ago, and the same rumor circulated. Nothing to be done about it, I guess. So long as we're near a park, DEC is going to hand out permits like candy at Halloween.

Gobble, gobble everybody...

Edited by Gator

I too thought 2.5 all season. But have been doing a TON of research the last few weeks on aging and body structure. To me these pics the i got I'd him yesterday lead me to believe he is 3.5. Just a guess obviously as they are tough to age without a ton of history. Neck is wider then his face, back and belly have a downward sway to it, and chest is filled out.