Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Back when I was in college I drove down to Rockland county to spend a few days with a girl I was seeing. I'm nearly there and a big azz bird lands right in front of my truck. Of course I can't stop and kill it dead. So I throw it in the back of the truck and call the Audubon Society the next morning. Wouldn't you know, it was the first snow owl that had shown up in the Hudson River Valley is nearly ~20 years? Man, they were some pizzed off folks when I dropped it off for them to mount.

We were hunting out in Yaak Montana (the same place where Tom from Mountain Men on discovery is from) population about 14 and 60 miles from anywhere else with nobody to call and hit one. It was late at night and he was still alive so we didn’t know what to do. Wouldn’t you know there was one of those giant mailboxes you could fit about 6 weeks worth of mail in 100 yards up the road so we put him in there and closed it so he wouldn’t be hobbling around the middle of the road. Found a fish and wildlife guy the next morning out making his rounds and brought him to the mailbox and much to our surprise the door was still shut but no owl. We still laugh about what might have happened but I’m guessing with where we were whoever’s mail box that was had more than turkey for thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 26 am
36 degrees
NW wind 10-20 mph
Cloudy

Very, very quiet morning. Zero deer seen. One gun shot heard all this morning. I pulled the card from my camera and it was very disappointing to say the least. Might give it one more shot late season there but I'll have see what the camera tells me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Saw 3 does in 7R this am. The last one was nice sized-time to fill the tags. She was moseying through a Goldenrod stand behind my tree stand. I rested my gun against the tree and waited for her to step into a clearing at about 100 yards. I Squeezed the trigger. The doe bolted. Hit a small Sappling 30 yards in front of me that didn't show up in my scope. This has been one of those season so far. LOL[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Saw 3 does in 7R this am. The last one was nice sized-time to fill the tags. She was moseying through a Goldenrod stand behind my tree stand. I rested my gun against the tree and waited for her to step into a clearing at about 100 yards. I Squeezed the trigger. The doe bolted. Hit a small Sappling 30 yards in front of me that didn't show up in my scope. This has been one of those season so far. LOL[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Been there, brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app