Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

You guys that have tagged a buck stop your whining consider yourself lucky it’s a grind right now very little movement big buck are vacant

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ok folks, I didn't say it!!!!! I have your back on this one, hell, seeing a deer in the last few weeks for me is a miracle. Lol

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Man.... I feel bad for you guys.... Try having the property you have hunted for 30 years get bought out from under you by some A$$Hole ( Snuck behind my back on a bid). Get hurt the day before Gun season taking stands off the same property... Shooting hand and arm in a F-in cast .. and have to sit and read all the big buck posts....
Yea....I feel really bad for you guys....[emoji122]

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Man.... I feel bad for you guys.... Try having the property you have hunted for 30 years get bought out from under you by some A$$Hole ( Snuck behind my back on a bid). Get hurt the day before Gun season taking stands off the same property... Shooting hand and arm in a F-in cast .. and have to sit and read all the big buck posts....

I feel your pain brother!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Matt, hunting in a ground blind tomorrow pm.
If you want to come sit with me you’re welcome. Not a horrible walk in and the blinds big enough for both our fat a$$es. Should I shoot something (statistically highly unlikely)
You are welcome to everything but the head.
If you want to go text or pm me, I’ll pick you up and drop you off after.

14 hours ago, Legacy said:

I’ll admit it. With my regular season buck tag filled I have become lazy. Without the ability to shoot at antlers, my willingness to be out there has slowed considerably. With the addition of the 2 deer my son shot on Thanksgiving, the need to fill the freezer is also not there. Sometimes I forget that I live with carnivores and they demand that the freezer is full of fresh meat. Even with the 4 DMU permits in hand the idea that I will just go for the rest of the regular season and stack up some does just won’t happen. (Although I may fill one doe tag over the next two weeks if I get a perfect chance to).

I feel like a quarterback that has been bench for the remainder of the season until the playoffs. I’m sure there is a bunch of you that have filled tags and feel the same way. I want nothing more than to be out there but for the sake of the game its better if I am not. We are past the midway point of the season and all eyes are on the late season.

I have a muzzleloader buck tag that I hope to fill. I have devised a plan over the past few days in how I hope to do that. It's pretty simple. Well the plan is simple, I know the execution won’t be as simple. I have a couple of key locations that I am concentrating all of my efforts on and I am not hunting these properties until then. I’m actually planning on hanging a camera at one of those places just to get an idea of how the herd is using it. Ill sneak in (with my truck) midday today or tomorrow and hang. For the most part it will be afternoon hunts only for 9 days straight unless cameras show me otherwise.

Let me know when it’s late season!

Pick up your bow. Change the game. 

This very well could be the funniest visual I've had in a long time! This has to happen Matt and take a cuddle selfie to prove it please!

Good/cool news Scotty is you are going to get your pic. Say please and maybe I can put you in a stand Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dude, I know you lost property too.
Want to get out let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes Bill, 35 years in Brockport behind my dad's is gone. Pulling the stands were hard on pops and I. Thank you Bill, I'm currently working on new plans for 2018.

10 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

I think all 3 of us should sit together with a few beers in a blind. Lol

How about all four of us? How big is this blind?

You are not alone. We are slowly losing every once of property we have in Wyoming County. After almost 30 years, my wife's aunt and uncle sold their dairy farm to another farm. The first year the new owners had no issue with us hunting but year number two they said no way. My father in law had been hunting there for 30 years and he was obviously heart broken. Its been about 5 or six years and we went from 1200-1500 acres of family owned hunting property down to maybe a couple hundred and 95% of that is fields. Part of the property that was sold with the farm was sold again this year to another farm. New owners quickly posted it late October and it was crawling with guys on the gun opener. I've been hunting down there for about 15 years and its sad to see your hunting ground diminishing. Prior to the sale, the block that I hunted was easily the best hunting ground I had ever set foot on. I honestly don't think you could ask for better hunting property in NYS. The new owners logged the big woods, removed all of the hedgerows, removed the orchard, clear cut, widened the fields, etc. They changed the landscape so much  it is almost unrecognizable from when i started hunting there. It was like watching someone wreck a classic car. Everything that made that property unique and hold deer is now gone. It now is nothing more than a wide open hardwoods surrounded by fields. The days of heading down there every chance I had are over. Its just not worth it anymore. 

The opportunities to land accessible to hunt is diminishing. The future is leasing and I really don't want to start down that road but I know that's the direction we are headed.