Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Got this guy on Sunday at 1:30 in the afternoon. He was following a few does behind some small bucks. I have trail cam pics of him from last year and this year, but it is the 1st time I actually saw him. I was happy to see the buck I was after show up. I've been fortunate to have a very good 2017 season. I'm now trying to get a doe with my 6 year olds in tow. Good luck to all.

DJ

1119171351.jpg

Here's a story.... Friday before gun season, this Dairy farmer comes over to the camp I stay at. He Says " Well boys, its an end of an era. I bought the property. You guys are out. I will be a nice guy and allow you to get your stands." I call him on the fact he hasn't closed on the property yet ( only been for sale 2 weeks) and he has zero legal right to post it or kick us out. The guy looks around the camp and says "Well guys this used to be a nice camp....I don't want any trouble to happen...know what I mean?" I'm about to jump off the couch at this point... We ask the guy to leave.... My buddies tell me its not worth it...and they don't want any issues with the locals. Before the guy left he said there was an agreement between the landowners and him...and he sent them money already.... We called the landowner and they did have a verbal agreement, but hadn't received any payment..
Sooo.... The quest for a lease or possible land purchase starts.

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

26 minutes ago, Missdemeanor said:

Here's a story.... Friday before gun season, this Dairy farmer comes over to the camp I stay at. He Says " Well boys, its an end of an era. I bought the property. You guys are out. I will be a nice guy and allow you to get your stands." I call him on the fact he hasn't closed on the property yet ( only been for sale 2 weeks) and he has zero legal right to post it or kick us out. The guy looks around the camp and says "Well guys this used to be a nice camp....I don't want any trouble to happen...know what I mean?" I'm about to jump off the couch at this point... We ask the guy to leave.... My buddies tell me its not worth it...and they don't want any issues with the locals. Before the guy left he said there was an agreement between the landowners and him...and he sent them money already.... We called the landowner and they did have a verbal agreement, but hadn't received any payment..

People suck!

I missed out on some land this year.  It was land I had hunted all my life and had excellent potential for QDM.  the Executor of the estate had some ridiculous issue which I still am not sure of with my family and wouldn't sell to me even though I was willing to offer more $$ and less hassle.  The feeling wasn't good but I always look at things from the perspective that things happen for a reason and the only constant in life is change.  The glass half full is that it is sold to a couple neighbors on the other side who practice qdm so I know they will treat it right and its their taxes - not mine.  I will get by.

2 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

You have a PM my friend

Thought I'd share this pic...
This was caught on game cam by my cousin's, neighbor's, brother's, girlfriend's father three miles north of my house. Crazy!

FB_IMG_1511990136995.thumb.jpg.91bf307d87bda45f4d87ccea0b005d9f.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good one! See this every year. Or the one with the cat walking past the ponderosa pines in upstate ny.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app