Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

I've shot the yellow tip shockwaves forever and had awesome success. I did start with 100 grains powder and was very dissapointed in what they did but bumped it to 150 grains and never looked back. I will have to see if I can find any bullets but perfect mushrooms on ones I recovered and even on a couple of my 200+ yd deer were devastated and had a pass thru.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I agree, 150 grains (3pellets) work great and are absolutely devastating!

5 hours ago, Legacy said:

So here is the bullet that I shot my muzzleloader buck with. It went through the near shoulder and poked a pin hole through the hide on the far side. (same exact thing it did to my buck last year). So it didn't quite pass through. As you can see there is no mushrooming. No fragmenting. It's practically reusable. T/C shockwave 250 grain 100 grains of 777
Thoughts?

IMG_20171219_082457758.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I warned you I had problems with them and switched over to Barnes

Congrats to everyone that filled tags this year. Some beautiful whitetail have been harvested this season and I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Personally, I will be looking up recipes for tag soup, stew, and my favorite.... tag tartar. This is the first time not having punched a tag in over 10 yrs.... It bruises the ego a bit but it also reinforces,in part, my my deep love of the sport. So a tip of the cap to one of North America's most formidable animals and a very safe and merry Christmas to the LOU family.

Looking forward to icing some eyes....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Well not a eventful season for me bow was very slow,messed up on one big one and only saw one buck with gun and took him broken up 8 only a 7point not the biggest but first deer off my property that I bought 3 years ago so I was happy,couldn’t even fill a doe tag?congrats to everyone that tagged out!happy and safe holidays to everybody here!!!IMG_0177.thumb.JPG.071c609e212a77d9c8a9c3bdec07af6c.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I shoot 300g powerbelt aerolites outta my tc encore with 2 white hot pellets. Crazy accurate, mushroom reliably, and those powerbelts load so easy!

Anyways it was a great season for me, and a lot of fun keepin track of this thread! Happy holidays everybody! 

December 19 pm
45 degrees
SW wind 15 mph with gusts 35+
Cloudy

The last sit for 2017. Not a lot moving today. Warm and windy surely doesn't help. Just a couple of deer (one doe and one fawn). Hoping for one last deer for the freezer but nothing in range.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app