Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

2 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

Why I love the 250 gr Barnes from my smoke pole
Complete devastation blew up on side shoulder smashing large bone found in meat of off side shoulder

barnes mz1.jpg

barnes mz2.jpg

Looks a lot like the Hornadys that I shoot. 

Edited by GAMBLER

I also shoot the 250 grain yellow tipped shockwaves with 150 grains of powder. Killed numerous deer with them and never had a problem. If I had to guess I would say that that bullet is made by Hornaday for Thompson.

31 minutes ago, dvdegeorge said:

maybe some times but other times you will get what Rob got

I have shot 4 deer with the new muzzleloader and the Hornadys.  All four dropped in their tracks and the bullet looked like that.  Until they let me down, I have no reason to switch. 

CVA Accura V2 . 110 grains of Blackhorn 209 with after market breach plug from cva for this powder with 250 grain barnes or hornady . Tried both both very accurate. Hold group's at 200yrds around 4". If i was a better shooter that would be better. Good luck and it was nice to see all the reports threw the season. I only got a doe passed a few had my eyes on a nice buck but could never connect.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Legacy said:

What gun? What powder? How many grains of powder? What cap?

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

TC Omega 120gr BH209 Federal or CCI Mag primer....I had great groups with the Hornadys  with same load but bad things happen performance wise on more than one occasion....Barnes have never not penetrated and expanded and flat out smacks deer hard. 

7 hours ago, Duckman1 said:

CVA Accura V2 . 110 grains of Blackhorn 209 with after market breach plug from cva for this powder with 250 grain barnes or hornady . Tried both both very accurate. Hold group's at 200yrds around 4". If i was a better shooter that would be better. Good luck and it was nice to see all the reports threw the season. I only got a doe passed a few had my eyes on a nice buck but could never connect.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I set my buddies Accura V2 up for him and he's shooting 110gr BH209  with the Barnes same load as you

Blackthorn is loose. I think it would be great if it came in pellets though.

Cleanup after shooting Blackhorn is soooooooooo much easier than cleanup after black powder. No soap and water, just use hoppes or your other favorite cleaning solvent.

Loading between shots when using Blackhorn is also much easier than when using black powder.

As long as Blackhorn is available, I won’t be using black powder.

Rusty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk