Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

Looks windy in the am but not wet from what I can see. Good morning for a very slow walk in the blocks from east to west.
Of course I’m working, but that’s what I’d be doing if I wasn’t. Not a great morning to be up a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I ended up getting out of the tree and doing just that. Walked up on 2 doe and a fawn. No buck with them though. It was much more fun than being in a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

How does your opening day get worse on the 2nd day? You retrieve your camera card from the stand you sat in all day till 1pm and decide to go to another property just shoot me now
5a11cf6627f30_Mendonkillme.thumb.JPG.6249b6a59b74def29db263ddf94f1b9b.JPG

I feel your pain. I had a bunch of stuff to get together before heading back home so I didn’t go out this morning. Went to set a camera at the spot I sat yesterday morning and almost went to this morning. My cousins had gone around the property checking for trespassers on their Gator at about 9 they said. At 10 when I was down there about 100 yards from where I sat yesterday there was a huge buck track on top of the tire track of the gator. After spending some time hunting with and doing a lot of listening to Tom Blais who used to hunt with the Benoit’s and was their cameraman for years I’m not sure if it was a huge buck but I can say it was a mature older deer for sure.

One of my boys had a good sit this afternoon. Had a 2 1/2 year old ten take an hour nap twenty yards upwind of his stand. Saw a couple doe as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That had to be amazing to watch that closely. Very cool. Would love to see a pic. [emoji1303][emoji1303]🦌

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

worst opening weekend that i can ever remember!  I saw 1 buck probably 2.5 yrs old at 7:30 saturday morning and that was it for the whole weekend.  I passed the buck only to have the neighbor shoot him 5 mins later when he crossed the road.   :@