Looks like

I know how you guys feel, one of the reasons I went to a bigger boat with a closed bow, even still, fishing in 3+to 5fters isn't fun no matter how big your boat is. I use the Henderson harbor reports, there somewhat closer, or just look up the local forecast of the area and X the wave forecast by 2 and you'll be closer than any forecast!!.

I know how you guys feel, one of the reasons I went to a bigger boat with a closed bow, even still, fishing in 3+to 5fters isn't fun no matter how big your boat is. I use the Henderson harbor reports, there somewhat closer, or just look up the local forecast of the area and X the wave forecast by 2 and you'll be closer than any forecast!!.

The biggest challenge is getting to where to fish are in those conditions. We usually just ride the waves on our troll or the trough depending and then run back up hill. Trolling into the chop is a bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes I have to agree with ya there, being I'm a walleye guy I usually can find structure other places that hold eyes. But the open lake fisherman for silver fish it is much more difficult as there's only a few areas that have the depths to hold these species.

I use the national weather service out of Buffalo for the Sodus bay to Mexico report. Looks to lay down a day or two then back up. September is up and down. Tough for guys like me in 16 ft boats.

Sodus Bay to Mexico Bay NY
http://marine.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.488797600050006&lon=-76.54106140136719%C2%A0#.Wal_JhkpDqB

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use the national weather service out of Buffalo for the Sodus bay to Mexico report. Looks to lay down a day or two then back up. September is up and down. Tough for guys like me in 16 ft boats.

Sodus Bay to Mexico Bay NY
http://marine.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.488797600050006&lon=-76.54106140136719%C2%A0#.Wal_JhkpDqB

Our 18 footer as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 hours ago, FishingFool34 said:

Yup 18 footer here too... I was hoping to get 2 days up there this weekend with the holiday but looks like only tomorrow is going to be any good weather wise.

Do you think Ontario is big enough to fit all the boats that want to be out tomorrow? Haha I'll be out there too

You can have that combat trolling!! For every courteous person there's 10 aholes. Then you have the guys running 4,5 hundred coppers yet, even boards really put the squeeze on things sometimes. I guess that's  why I fish the mid week times, if at all for kings.

It's a #$@& show. I fish weekdays as well. Kills me; your absolutely correct. 26 ft boat 5 guys in 40 ft close. Boards out 100 ft each side, 15 rods going. Zigzaging. Etc. Then you see the same at the launch. No fish.
But bottom line we all love fishing, love the outdoors. It's OK we will live through another year.

labor day here and the kids going back to school soon and cooler weather the salmon fishing is nearing the end . another summer gone where the time go ..on the up side the finger lake slivers still going on the perch schooling up and deer season here soon ...see ya on the water some place :hi:

When I get caught in combat trolling  I usually put on the sharpened  keels on my otter boats and run them  at about 20 feet on each side. This makes for an educational experience for certain captains who believe that they can bully their way through the crowd

Edited by rolmops