We stayed inside too and didn't move a rod as far as the glass house. Changed our corner riggers over to cowbells and we are 2 for 2 on lakers and picked up one steelhead. Working 45 to 110 fow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Saturday evening I started working west of the wall for browns, in 16-18 fow, because the surface temp was 62 F.  I caught a good brown right out of the chute, and proceeded to get bit between the pumphouse and the wall.  I think Trout Man or Paul Czarnecki were working the west breakwall pretty hard as well.  I missed one king, that straightened the hooks on my little Moonshine walleye spoon, and landed one of about 15 pounds, in 16 fow.  I was using those Big Jon mini divers like dipsies, and little spoons, back 80 and 90 feet, and pulling a standard stingray on 3 colors down the chute.  Every rod took fish.  Sunday the word was out, and it was a melee in shallow, especially with the sailboat race going on inside.  I think the kings are starting to stage at the wall, though.  Thanks.

Edited by John Kelley
grammar and spelling errors.

8 hours ago, pap said:

Hey John great to hear from ya again!! Sounds like you didn't skip a beat!! Congrats to ya and your success back on the oak:yes: PAP

Howdy PAP, maybe we can get out together next spring or summer.  I will still be fishing salmon and trout for the next 3 weekends @ the Oak, and then switching to walleyes out of Otsego Lake and Minekill reservoir through October and November.