Niagara bar Saturday September 2, 2017.

Fished for 3 or 4 hours. 50 to 240 FOW. never got a bite. The Niagra bar has always been a disappointment for me. Saw quite a few fish and lots of bait around the drop off, but could not get a single bite. Lake was ok early but blew up pretty rough with winds from the SE E. I'm not sure the Salmon we're in the staging phase because my screens did not look like they did last year in September off the bar, with hundreds stacked from top to bottom. I never caught anything then either. So, I am not a fan of staging Salmon at all. I have much better luck in the summer. FORT NIAGRA BOAT LAUNCH: what a pain in the butt. The concrete docks are not under water anymore, but they have no padding, nor do the docks at the end, instead, they have steel pillars sticking up so you can't get within 2 feet of the dock. Won't be launching from there any time soon. Both North and South launched are open. TIP: remember the current. The river pushes your boat north, so launch and recover against the north dockside so the current will push your boat up against the dock. We recovered alongside the southern dockside of the southern launch, and the current made it difficult to get the boat up against the dock to tie down. Rear of boat wanted to swing with the current. STAGING KINGS SUCK. LOL.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Staging kings are finicky. Certain cures will turn them on. An East wind is almost always a turn off- I stay home. West winds with approaching systems usually get them snapping. This time of year you have to really pick your days. 

Stick with it. We had a charter yesterday out of Wilson. The inside water is all messed up right now from the north and east winds. We spent the first hour or so inside before pointing north. We ended 14 for 18 on steelhead and coho and sent the clients home with their limit. But we never saw a king bite all day. Sometimes you have to take what the current conditions give you and adjust accordingly. A few days of west or south winds will stabilize the inside water and the slaughter of staging kings will resume

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United