2017 WATERFOWL SEASON

Works mint ! Used it in a dirt field with corn on it in September and geese didn't mind it . In this picture it looks stupid, not a thing around the pond and no flared birds. It only fits 3 people comfortable . Light weight , easy to set up . I just use the cover around to blend it in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 minutes ago, bondouley said:

Wow your adventurous plucking both of them. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It is rather tedious, I use a propane torch to get the stubborn feathers and the hair-like ones. Hank Shaw is a great wild game chef and has a method I will try next time (hopefully next weekend). He boils water and melts a hunk of paraffin wax in it, dips the roughly plucked duck in that and then cools it in cold water. The wax hardens and peels off like a scab taking all feathers with it.

It is rather tedious, I use a propane torch to get the stubborn feathers and the hair-like ones. Hank Shaw is a great wild game chef and has a method I will try next time (hopefully next weekend). He boils water and melts a hunk of paraffin wax in it, dips the roughly plucked duck in that and then cools it in cold water. The wax hardens and peels off like a scab taking all feathers with it.

I used to pluck every bird that i shot when i was a kid. I use to use the wax and boiling water trick to but my stepmother hated the wax in her pans. We stopped using it and just dipped the birds in boiling water for 3 mins the pull them out let cool for 2 mins then the feather just basically fall out. Now i just pluck the feathers off the breast meat and cut the breast off with skin on.

I used to pluck every bird that i shot when i was a kid. I use to use the wax and boiling water trick to but my stepmother hated the wax in her pans. We stopped using it and just dipped the birds in boiling water for 3 mins the pull them out let cool for 2 mins then the feather just basically fall out. Now i just pluck the feathers off the breast meat and cut the breast off with skin on.

Found a duck hunters dream spot and got permission last night . It's about a 80 acre corn field thats flooded . There was lots of ducks in it last night and knew it was going to be a good shoot in the morning. Me and a buddy just 1 shy of our limit . what a day !!!!!IMG_20171106_073627.jpgIMG_20171106_073705.jpgIMG_20171106_095351.jpg

Thanks !! With the amount of ducks we saw we took turns shooting and tried to pick out the Drake's for 1 another cuz of the cloud cover. we didn't shoot at the first couple hundred so Thursday should be good. Got another flooded corn field for tomorrow but I might take off to go deer hunting tho. Not sure yet.

I headed back to the flooded corn , solo today buddy couldn't wake up . Lol to bad for him. I figured it was going to be a good mallard shoot again but only to find out they are gone and the geese moved in . The only duck I had come in was a black . I had 2 goose floaters out witch I'm glad I brought cuz they saved my hunt. Ended up with my limit of geese and a bander !!!! IMG_20171108_074537.jpgIMG_20171108_074552.jpgIMG_20171108_090220.jpg

Went to the farm pond this morning. Man is it cold out . Not many ducks this am but got our limit of geese. Can't believe they love the blind like they do. how it looks in the pic is what it looked like all morning. LolIMG_20171110_084348.jpg