Otisco Gold Bars

Landshark

Otisco Gold Bars

Capt Justin Okrepki  of Otisco Lake Guide Service and I had the opportunity to take Syracuse Basketball legend Roosevelt Bouie and his niece out for an evening walleye troll.   We started out looking for a mixed bag of smalleyes and walleyes.   It started out exactly that.  Once we figured out the pattern, we switched our program to concentrate on the walters.  We managed to boat 10 walleye and dropped probably four.  Justin is as passionate about walleye as I am and it's always a great time when We are on the water together.  We sent them home with some filets and we had a great time

Edited by Landshark

Roosevelt sure makes a fish look small!!!  Had a ball bud anytime!  Not much too it with both of us on board.  If I hadn't fished 13 hours already I'd have gone back out by myself...never know when you will see fish up like that again.

Edited by justtracytrolling
Sent before done

Unfortunately Kevin it's only cuts in stocking for us walleye guys.  Thank god for natural reproduction or we wouldn't have any walleye in the fingers.  Funny that what we stock won't sustain itself, and the species that is indigenous that will sustain isn't stocked hardly at all.  The more eutrophic the eastern fingers get the more they will suit walleye and the less they will suit trout but they keep stocking trout.

The lake overall has fished OK for walleye, outside of the month of July due to the flooding, but it's nowhere near as easy as last summer.  It's tough enough most guys have given up and are on Oneida.  There are a few of us that can catch em often enough to keep us off Oneida.  I caved in and went there once in July for a jigging fix and to make sure I hadn't forgotten what they looked like!  Pm me if you are gonna make it and I can probably point you in the right direction.

Made it out fishing for my birthday last night.  It was my first fall walleye casting trip and picked up a 6+ lb eye along with a nice upper 30's tiger and a 7 lb catfish that was a battle.  Eyes really aren't in tight enough with recent warm weather especially for casting, but I managed to get on 1!  Trolled three in the same time in daylight before supper.